Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Truth be Told

You've probably noticed that I haven't put much new sewing stuff on my blog lately, haven't you?  Sad, I know!!!  :)  Well, the truth is that I've been desperately searching my computer and anywhere, quite honestly, for something to show you to keep you interested while I wait for my sewing machine to be returned.  I took it in for cleaning almost three weeks ago and I don't have it back YET!!!  Lord knows why they needed it that long......in actuality, I am getting a bit "pissed" about the whole thing, but what can I do?  If I "put up a stink" they'll probably hold it for ransom longer.  LOL  Now.......I do have an old machine (like almost 30 years old) as a backup, but as I was leaving my Bernina store when I dropped it off, one of the ladies chirped, "and don't think you can use your walking foot on your old machine honey, 'cause it won't work!"  E-gads, it was like she was reading my mind!!!!  I was thinking that exact thing at that moment!!!!  Yikes, they must know me better than I thought!!  So......needless to say, I've been sewingless.  AND.....it's been awful!  I have soooo many ideas in my head!!!

BUT.....and you might like this........I have been working on the Tree Skirt Pattern and will be mailing off the first trial set to my friend this morning who is going to test it for me.  She sews in the craftsman style and will be doing the skirt entirely in her colors and style......and I'm so anxious to see it.  It will show the diversity of the pattern (which I didn't know I was doing when I first made it, but will take all credit for my brilliance now, thank you! LOL)  In the meantime......I'll show you my Flickr mosaic (which didn't turn out correct) of some of my 2009 quilts.  I'm such a computer dunce!!!  I sew much better, thank GOD!!!
Some of my 2009 Quilts
Have a nice New Year's Eve everyone! I wish you "EVERYTHING WONDERFUL" in 2010!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

3 weeks, wow!! That is just way too long. I would be on the phone hounding them. I would definitely be suffering from quilting withdrawal symptoms. But my, oh my, I just love all the quilts you were able to accomplish. Just gorgeous!

beth said...

sounds to me like you need another back up machine!!:) and 3 weeks is WAY too long!!

Brenda said...

lovely quilts, and all in one year! wow! can't you use your "old" machine to piece? three weeks is a long time away from sewing and quilting. I hope you get it back soon.

Dorrie said...

3 Weeks! Holy crud! I'd be on their doorstep. . .! I love your '09 quilt shares and can't wait for the tree skirt pattern! Happy New Year!

Leila said...

I love the blue and black/white quilts with the rectangles and squares down the middle. I might have to copy them for a graduation present for my brother. Hope you don't mind. You have made beautiful quilts this year! Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

I've heard that the shop in West Bend does Bernina's in about a week. Also, if it's not something that needs repair work, just a cleaning, Brad at Frank's Sewing Center typically has only a few day turn around. He can't fix Bernina's but her can do the cleaning. Hope this helps for the future!!

carol said...

Shut up! West Bend does them in a week? And I'm only 20 minutes from West Bend? E-gads....how come I didn't know that before, Jen.....ummmmmm????? And you're my friend?????? LOL