Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A jar of WHAT?????

I have the BEST friends!!! A few weeks ago, I gave both Susie and Shirley (my wonderful quilting friends) each a jar of my homemade garlic dill pickles and today when we met for lunch, Susie (the sweetie) brings my jar back filled with the most delicious black and white fabrics you can even imagine...........sooooo fun!!! I'd say that's a pretty good trade, huh???? Just look at them!! I wonder what I can make next to give her?? :D
Yum! Now to decide what to make.................although my head has been spinning lately with the possibilities for more mug rugs, I must admit. I've been itching to get back to them, but first I knew that I had to make the projects I had planned for the Christmas Swap. I knew that they were involved and more than a few days work and that I should get them out of the way before I really became involved in the little (immediate gratification type) things. So, this weekend and yesterday, I finished them:

Pillow and matching Tree Skirt

Now, to pray that my swap partner likes them. (Fingers and toes crossed!!) I'm also sending the scraps and a charm pack of the same fabrics so she can make herself a little quilt to match if she wants.

Oh...remember me telling you about the secret little quilt I made and couldn't show before she got it? Well, here it is and I hope you think it's as funny as I do. My partner likes blue and I AM NOT a blue girl by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought I did okay using some, but still adding my humorous touch. What do you think?

Swap til you Drop for Karen

The theme was "fussy cut" and I think I did good! Lots of fussy cut stuff in that quilt and it's smaller than it looks at 8 1/2 by 11 1/2 inches. Check out the cool binding! Fun, fun!!!

So.......that's it for now!! I'm going to PLAY for a few days making mug rugs! I sure hope I can come up with some good ones?? Send out some creative vibes for me, okay???

8 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

WOW!!!!! I love it all.

Michele said...

Sending creative vibes, although it doesn't appear that you need any! Love the little quilt!

Poppyprint said...

Your Christmas swap partner is SO lucky! Wow, what a gorgeous package she's gonna get. I like your new loopy quilting, too!

Dianne said...

This quilt is too adorable for words and I love what you did with the binding!

Ursula said...

Your fussy cut quilt is the cutest! I LOVE it! I don't know how you do it. I have no imagination what so ever :o)

And I agree with the person above who said your swap partner is so lucky! That is wonderful!

Shayla Sharp said...

Hmm, I need friends like that. I give them homemade jam and they don't even return an empty jar! lol

Adorable quilt! Love the Christmas items--that's a gorgeous tree skirt! Pattern?

Rettabug said...

What a thoughtful way to return a container! I was taught you never return an empty dish but Susie took it to another level. How cool!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ the fussy cut mini!!! You did a fabulous job on this, as always. Sewgentle is going to flip when she sees it.

Your tree skirt & matching pillow look lovely in these shades of red & green. What an incredible swap!! Lucky partner!!!

Mama24Monkeys said...

Don't you just love good girlfriends?
If your swap partner doesn't like your package I will be happy to take it off her hands. It is wonderful and she is so very lucky.