Monday, February 4, 2013

#32 Lady plus more

Lots of stuff to show you today.  I've been working!  First, let me show you my 3.5 inch bitty block for February.  The themes are bees and monsters.  I don't like bees, so I decided to only do the monsters.  lol  You might remember that we have to do 12 and then receive 11 of the same theme back from the other participants.  Someday I'll show you some of those.  For now, here is my guy:

Monsters - Feb BBC

And the whole group:

Lots of Monsters BBC

Did you notice that although I cut the shapes all the same, that they each seem to have their own personality just by a certain twist of the placement of the pieces?  I think that is really cool!

Then, I made a quilted page for my friend, Annie's, book.  She is adding pages as the feeling "hits" her, so I thought I'd add to the fun.  Besides, she is the sun in lots of lives, so I thought I should tell her!

A page for Annie's quilted notebook

Then, I did something from my past.  I joined a swap where one of the items of interest is homemade stuffed animals or dolls.  Years ago, I made 60 dolls for charity.....(actually, I sold a few first), so I retrieved the pattern wondering if my partner would be interested.  What I didn't remember is what a number it would do to my hands stuffing that baby.  Eikes!  Even my shoulders hurt!

Did somebody order a baby?

And finally, I MUST introduce you to a very special lady......#32.  The very first non-sewing LADY in my series!  Her name is Dee, and she is a kindergarten teacher from Texas who has been teaching for 24 years and L O V E S cupcakes.  At first, when I got her request, I was surprised thinking she might want cupcakes in addition to sewing stuff, but NO!  She is known as the "cupcake teacher" and the whole school knows it, I guess.  Right now, her quilt is hanging in her classroom "watching" all her kiddos.  One young student asked this morning, if it talked.  lol  How sweet is that?  Remember when you see her original photograph (which she kindly gave me permission to use) that she has been teaching for 24 years!!  Personally, she doesn't look much older than 24 to me.

#32 - The Drawing

Dee's pretty eyes

#32 Lady - Dee

And Dee's original photo that she sent to me:


Many of you have written asking me about my fabric portraits, so I thought I'd just mention what I charge and the process in case any more of you might be interested.  (Besides the fact that the prices went up this week based upon the postage increases.  Ugh!)  The cost of an approximate 14x18 inch fabric likeness is $110 USD for US residents and $125 USD for international customers.  This price includes postage and gets you a fabric wall hanging quilt, with sleeve, dowel and O ring all ready to hang.  My turn around time is usually a week to two and payment is due when the portrait is finished prior to shipping.  I take checks from US residents or Paypal for everyone.  If you are interested, write to me at the e-mail address on my sidebar.  From you, I will need a photo sent to me via e-mail, along with knowledge of eye color (since it's rarely seen in true color from just a photo), shape and color of eye glasses, favorite colors of the recipient, hobbies, etc.  Just like with the "cupcake lady", special items can be included.  Mostly, I use white as a background color since it's clean and works well with every other color, but if your decor doesn't look good with white, we can discuss that too.  I hope to hear from you.  I LOVE making my "ladies" and each is very special to me!!

So......until next time............have a wonderful week, my friends!!!


18 comments:

brownj6610 said...

Love the head band, the earrings and the cute necklace. So original and so charming.

Sara said...

The doll was totally worth it!! Loving her:)

deb said...

Love it!!

Sizinicin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

He's a cute friendly-kind of monster.

I love that bright sunny happy fabric book page. Thank you!

Such a sweet doll. I remember those.

Dee is wonderful! Love all her cute cupcakes. You've been a busy busy girl!

Maria said...

Dee's quilt is delightful, Carol!

Anja said...

So many beautiful things! I love the little monsters and the sunshine quilt!!!!Makes me smile on a grey and stormy day, while my little girl is at the vet´s for castration.

Anja

MariQuilts said...

You do such a wonderful job of those portraits...I think you should be charging twice that much, if not more.

Cindy Sharp said...

Your work always delights me. Thank you for being the sunshine on this foggy morning.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Those cupcakes are darling! Love the necklace buttons you found, so cute.

Dianne said...

She's a beauty! Love the cupcakes. You have really captured her likeness and I agree, she looks as though she would have been in kindergarten 24 years ago not starting to teach it!

Dianne said...

Also I love your googly eyed monsters - very cute!!

Rettabug said...

Carol, I had lots of smiles, reading this post! Your little monsters are ADORABLE!! I think it would be really cool to get ALL monsters in return so that could be the theme of a quilt. Why did they include bees??? Odd to me.

Anyway, Dee's fabric portrait looks exactly like her! What a doll...I know her classroom charges have to love seeing it every day. "Does it talk?" LOL How cute! I guess that goes to show how life-like it really is!

Hugs,
Rett

Rettabug said...

oooops...forgot to say I loved seeing your little dolls again. I remember when you made tons of them & I bet every recipient still has theirs. She is adorable!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.