Monday, February 25, 2013

More ladies........

I sure hope you're not getting sick of meeting my lovely ladies.  I am having such fun making them, you just wouldn't believe.  Each is a challenge to see how close I can get to making them look like their photo and personally, I think I'm getting better and better!  (Tough to pat yourself on the back, huh???)  Today we have two from the US.  Numbers #36 and #37.

#36 is Olga.  As with most of my ladies, Olga is a quilter and avid sewer (or as I've been hearing lately, "sewist".  And where in the world did that come from anyway???  Sometimes I feel as though I'm really out of the loop!!)

Anyway, as normal, first I will post the drawing, then her pretty eyes, the quilt and thankfully the original picture of Olga.

Lady #36 -Olga - the drawing

Olga's pretty eyes

Lady #36 - Olga

  And the real, Olga.......!!!  She was real fun to do because Olga told me she likes color and if it's one thing that inspires me to no end, it's COLOR!!  Thank you, Olga!!


Next, we have #37, Jan.  I wish I could tell you how old Jan is because you wouldn't believe me!!!!  Seriously, folks, you wouldn't!!!  God has been very good to Jan!  (Much better than he's been to me, I have to admit!!  Phooey!!  'Course I suppose if I moved a bit more instead of sitting and sewing ladies all the time, I might look a bit better too????  BUT, we won't go there!!! )  Here's Jan....(in the same order!)

Lady #37 - Jan -the drawing

Jan's pretty eyes

Lady #37 - Jan

And here is Jan with "herself":

Jan with "herself"

Now tell me that doesn't really look like her.  Not bad, huh?

So that's it for today.  I did have a few more things going, but I'll show you that stuff next time.  Until then, take care, stay warm, and have fun!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

wowwww, I'd like one for me:-)
Kisses, Emanuela

Ellyn said...

I never get tired of your ladies.

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

They are FABULOUS and so spot on! Are you doing these for a special group of friends? How lucky they are!!!!

Lori said...

Who could EVER get tired of looking at your work?! Spectacular!!

Noela said...

They are so good. Hugs.....

Lesley said...

I adore seeing your ladies! And the likenesses of the quilts to their ladies is amazing. Wonderful work!

momof3girls said...

Tomorrow!!! I think I'll sleep on the dock beside the mailbox! These ladies are gorgeous!!!

Joyce Carter said...

Your ladies are so adorable. I love looking at them. It is so amazing to me how much they look like their picture. You do incredible work!Thank you so much for sharing these lovely ladies.Hope you have a great night!

SeeingStars said...

I always enjoy seeing your ladies. They're sew fun. :)

Susan said...

Love them both - and I always love the earrings, necklaces etc.

Annie said...

You totally rock us fabric ladies. Mine's the best one tho...you made me look SO good! lol Holy smackers, 37 ladies!

Needled Mom said...

You do such a wonderful job depicting the ladies. They are just fabulous.

Mary said...

You even got the half rimmed glasses the same. Love the hoop earrings. Yes, you done good. The word "sewer" is too close to the word that means the person who does your plumbing, so now we say sewist.

Joy said...

I never tire df these ladies, I am going to get me done as soon as I can. :)

Maria said...

They're great, Carol!

Sheila said...

Bloomin' brilliant!!

Wendy said...

I think the term sewist came about to stop people getting confused between those who like to sew and a place where ... excrement... flows

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love your work. You are a great artist...

#43 Stephanie