Sunday, July 20, 2014

42 years is a long time!!

Happy Anniversary to me!  And to my sweetie too!  We've been married 42 years today and I can hardly remember where all those years went.  Seems like yesterday that I was packing to fly to Las Vegas to get married.  (I think we were ahead of the game on destination weddings.  lol)  Let the celebrations begin………(probably take out pizza or perhaps burgers at our favorite burger joint tonight….we really do it up big, you know!) While we both read our books today.  lol  

Naturally, I sent out envelopes this week (and a few last week which I failed to show you.)






And then, of course, I ordered a few more books.  (I know, don't yell at me!  I do have to stop this crazy buying!  I have at least 25 now in a stack to read on my dining room table and I think I still have some that have yet to be delivered from Amazon.)


Thankfully, I was able to finish 6 books this week.  (Well, almost……I did skim two after I had completed about 150 pages in each.  For some reason, they just didn't "do it" for me.)

"Looking for Salvation"  Debut                  by       Susan Gregg Gilmore
"Obitchuary"       Debut                              by       Stephanie Hayes
"The Shadow Tracer"                                 by       Meg Gardiner
"Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt"  Debut          by       Beth Hoffman
"Landline"                                                  by        Rainbow Rowell
"Life Drawing"   Debut                              by        Robin Black

# 2 and #3 were the ones where I skimmed the endings…..especially "Obitchuary".  That author tried too hard to be funny.  Sad!  It could have been so good!  "Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt" is an older book.  My sister recommended it to me as one of her favorites of all times, and it was okay, but I compared it to the "Mitford Series" by Jan Karon which I read years ago and enjoyed tons more!!!  The highlight of the bunch this week was the first one, "Looking for Salvation" by Susan Gregg Gilmore.  It was a light, fun read that made me smile!  The last two are new releases that I borrowed from the library and if I were you, I wouldn't bother.  Both had decent reviews and I thought they would be good, but I was wrong!  Maybe I'm just too old for some of this crazy stuff??  Last night though, I started reading "A Man Called Ove" which is another new release and so far, I am loving it, so who knows?  It too, is another debut, so time will tell.

So, that's about the news here.  Have a fun week my friends and stay well!  And thanks for visiting!  I know I'm not sewing now and you might be missing that and all I can say is I'm sorry.  Not in the mood lately, I guess!  Hopefully, by the time I read more books, I'll be inspired again.

20 comments:

Patchwork Daily Desire said...

Oh, sweet Carol, Happy Anniversary!!!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you should celebrate all year! ~Jeanne

Ellyn said...

happy Anniversary to you!

Leanne said...

Happy Anniversary, it is so wonderful to celebrate so much time with someone you love!

Joyce Carter said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your sweetie.
I love to read especially a book that is very entertaining and keeps me guessing about what is going to happen next. I am a big James Patterson fan. You just never know what is going to happen with his characters.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Happy Anniversary !! Enjoy your take-out dinner! And all your books too :)

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary, Carol! You two are too busy reading. No time to get on each other's nerves. LoL Makes for a good long marriage, eh? All fun envelopes. Happy reading.

Gill said...

Happy Anniversary to you both !!

beachiesews said...

Happy Anniversary to your and Mr. Carol!

Christine M said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby.

Michelle said...

Happy anniversary! That *is* a long time. I don't know many people who've been married longer than Hubby and I (and we're only at 23 years.)

KaHolly said...

Happy Anniversary!!

brownj6610 said...

Oh Happy Day. Congrats.

Createology said...

My now that is something to celebrate...42 years with the same person! Happy Anniversary!! Love your envelopes as they always bring a smile to my face. Blissful celebrating another year dear...

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm always so encouraged when I hear about marriages lasting for the long haul. My hubs and I will celebrate 34 next month. Can't wait till I can say 42!

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!! Hope you enjoyed the burger/pizza!! Love the envelopes! Good to hear about what you have been reading - no matter about the sewing you will sew when the mood strikes I am sure!! We celebrated 30 years earlier this year!

Susan said...

Congratulations to you both!!

Anja said...

Happy anniversary!
Hope you enjoyed your luxurous meal!

Anja

Sewconsult said...

Happy Anniversary. We married 42 yrs ago on June 17, which the rest of the nation remembers as Watergate Break-in Day. Hubby is a history buff, so he doesn't need an extra reminder of when our anniversary is. We are low-key celebrators, also. Love your choices for dinner!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN