Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rain, rain go away!

I suppose I shouldn't complain about all the rain we've been getting lately……….it could be snow!  UGH!!!  And soon, it will be.  Oh, and how I hate winter!  'Course this rain for the past 5 days is no fun either!  Poor Toby needs grooming so badly, but I'll be darned if I get him all pretty like just to go out and get soaked.  Hopefully tomorrow it will clear up!

Not much new this week.  Naturally, I sent out a few envelopes:





And, of course, I read a few books.  I finally finished the one I started last week titled, "House Broken" by Sonja Yoerg and I also finished, "The Forgers" by Bradford Morrow.  The last one was really strange and I felt like I was sitting in a pub in London with fog all around me while I was reading……really weird!!  The writing was like I never read before and I really don't know how to describe it.  It was sort of like someone telling a story instead of the characters living it.  Crazy!

As you know, I haven't been burning up the pages much lately like I was earlier in the year.  I guess that's because I haven't read anything really good……..and how I need something like that now!!!  I think I told you last week that I bought two books the week before:   


I should start "The Garden of Letters" by Alyson Richman because she also wrote, "The Lost Wife" which was one of my all time favorites, but it'll have to wait until my current book is over that I just got  from the library yesterday, "The Silent Sister" by Diane Chamberlain.  I'm expecting good things from this book considering that I've read stuff by Diane before that I liked a lot.

So, there you have it.  My week in a nutshell.  Today is also Sweetest Day……..yippee!  Like I really celebrate that crazy stuff anymore???  Ah…not so much!  Watch, just because I said that, hubs might come home from errands with a flower or two.  Now, wouldn't that be nice????  I'll let you know……..have a happy week, my friends!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

First off, could you change your post title to say... Rain, rain please go to California. :-). The envelopes are Halloween fun!!!

Leslie said...

I am sitting here in lovely sunny California thinking exactly the same thought as Annie above. Always enjoy those envelopes. You are so talented.

Createology said...

Yes please send your rain (and snow) to California. In my quest to prioritize here I am visiting and enjoying your fabulous artsy envelopes. Shorter daylight and cozy cool evenings really do lend to reading a good book. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

Joyce Carter said...

HA! I live in Georgia and it has rained every day where I live. It has been cold, too. But today was a very nice day. It actually felt more like Spring weather. I wish it was turning Spring. I hate cold and snowey days.
I really love your envelopes. You are so talented. They always brighten my day. And I bet they make the postman smile, too.