Friday, October 31, 2014

What a difference in 4 days!

E-gads!  Waaaaayyyyy too early for me, thank you!  Look at what we woke up to this morning:

 
And just a few days ago, that same scene looked like this (which I personally liked a whole lot better!)


 I must admit, it's a bit too early for snow (even here in Wisconsin).  I live in the southeastern portion of the state.  Who knows if the northern part gets snow earlier???  For sure, I'm not ready for it yet!

The books sent in these envelopes this week.  (My girls really like Halloween!)




Then……do you remember only a few weeks ago when I pulled in all the produce I still had growing outside?  One of you told me to wrap those green tomatoes in newspaper and store them in a cool place.  I THOUGHT you told me I'd have ripe tomatoes by Christmas?  


Too bad they all ripened a bit early.  I thought I was done with BLTs for a few months, but guess not!  There are still 4-5 in the basement not as ripe.  I told DH to unwrap them for now.  lol


Not too prolific in reading this week.  Who knows what I was doing instead.  I only read one book:

THE GARDEN OF LETTERS                  by             Alyson Richman

Thankfully, it was a good one and only 356 pages long.  I'll try to do better next week.  For some reason, I seem to be slowing down.  Maybe I need a mystery or two??

Hope you are all well and sassy and having fun in whatever you're doing……after all, life is short and we need to enjoy every minute.  Too bad I need to get back to cleaning my floors as soon as I'm done here…….ugh!  Oh well…..can't have everything, I guess!  Be well, my friends!


6 comments:

barbara woods said...

i read a lot of mysterys , love them

Joyce Carter said...

Oh my! I'm with you on the snow thing. Waaay too early. But here where I live in Georgia, they say we could get up to 2" tonight. I am totally not ready. It has turned very cold.
I love to read too. My favorite books are murder mysteries and romance books. I love James Patterson's Alex Cross mysteries. They always keep you in suspense. Have a great weekend!

Annie said...

The seasons are all gorgeous. I will enjoy the snow more as a retired person ... when I don't have to go out in it unless I want to. Actually looking forward to that. The envelopes won't load, but I've seen them on flickr and they are always so cute.

Susan said...

Cant beat home grown produce!
Shame about your early winter - we are having early summer - I'd swap anytime!

KaHolly said...

I agree, it's way to early for snow. I'm not a winter person, that's why I migrate with the birds to a warmer climate! Love your envelopes. I wish I had all those tomatoes!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.