Saturday, November 8, 2014

Remember the "ladies"?

Do you remember these beauties?  Let me introduce you again.  Please meet, Noel from Spain, Mari from Norway, Bonnie, Lynda, Natalie, Deanna, Robynn, and Pat from the US, Sue from Australia, Bianna from the Netherlands, and Sue from New Zealand……or to shorten it, ladies #55 through #65 from last year.


And why, you ask am I showing you these ladies again???  Well, hip-horray, you'll never guess what I did this week……………that's right………I got out the sewing stuff and created Lady #72.  Unfortunately, she is a Christmas gift for a very special mom so I can't show her to you yet……but, I just thought I'd tell you that I'm back at it for any of you who wanted yourself, or a special person in your life in fabric yet this year.  I'm thinking I could still do 4-5 before the holidays if we hurry.  E-mail me (address on my sidebar) and I'll send you the details.

Of course, I sent out envelopes this week too.  My little ones just love getting mail!




And, of course, I read a few books.

WHEN MYSTICAL CREATURES ATTACK     by      Kathleen Founds
EYE OF THE BEHOLDER                             by      David Ellis
THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN              by      Garth Stein

The first one was a book of short stories…..actually, I thought it was weird cause it was a jumble of strange stories and didn't hold my interest at all.  The 2nd one was a thriller and I love that author anyway so it went really fast for me, and the third one was very touching and a classic in itself.  I'd recommend it in an instant.

So, that was my week.  Hopefully, the next one will be as productive!  It's getting cold here and we're supposed to have measurable snow on Tuesday, so you KNOW I'll be in the house doing something!  Take care, my friends and be well!

12 comments:

Annie said...

Always love the ladies AND the mail. And I love that the sewing machine is at the ready. LoL.

Maria said...

Nice to see the ladies pop up ....

Pat Converse said...

I've missed seeing us lately. I'm glad we could have this little get together! Always love seeing new ladies ...

Mary said...

That was a good gift for me to give my Quilt Buddy! I love the one I bought for myself TOO! I wonder who the Lucky Mom is?

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I love mine that was gifted to me by my sister a while back. She hangs on the door to my sewing studio and makes me smile every time I see her. Thank you again for making it for me.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I love mine that was gifted to me by my sister a while back. She hangs on the door to my sewing studio and makes me smile every time I see her. Thank you again for making it for me.

Brenda said...

I was missing the parade of ladies. thanks for showing us some more!

Robynn said...

I missed your sewing. I love the fabrics you use. And I love all your ladies. I especially love mine. Glad to see you sewing again.

Robynn

kiwikid said...

Love seeing that ladies...love mine too, hanging in the sewing room, makes me happy every time I look at her.
Your envelopes would be a treasure to get in the post. My Dad used to write every week and I loved getting his letters.
xx

Susan said...

Oh I will be sew happy to see some more ladies -I love "me" - and look how many commenters have your quilt as their image!!
Go for it!!

Shirley said...

I'm new to your blog and love the envelopes. Are these something you send to friends/family? You are very creative! The ladies are wonderful. What talent!

Createology said...

I can hear the excited JOY in your post of Lovely Ladies and Envelope Art. Creative Stitching Bliss Dear...