Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving……early!

It's rainy and gloomy and cold here this morning and although I really haven't done much of anything so far today, I feel a nap coming on.  Perhaps it's the weather……..OR, maybe it's the bare Christmas tree in my living center just awaiting its decorations.  Every year it seems like more and more work just getting ready.  Just call me Scrooge!  Bah-humbug! Hubby went to a car show with a friend today and I imagine he'll expect that everything will be all glittery and pretty when he returns.  I guess he'll be surprised, huh?  Darling hubs puts the three tree sections together, makes sure the lights work and thinks his decorating is done.  Must be nice!  After 42 years of tree decorating, I'm getting a bit sick of doing it all alone.  (Although, I must admit that I do love "the look" once I'm done.)

Only sent out a few envelopes this week.  My one little one was still on vacation. 



I did finish my Christmas cookie baking!  All double batches of 10 different kinds are in the basement freezer.  This was the last bunch.  Yeah! Cross one thing off the list!


I didn't even finish one book this week.  Bad me!  I started David Balducci's latest novel, "The Escape", but I'm really not far enough yet to know if will be good or bad.  At 25 pages, you can't tell too much!  lol

Hopefully, next week will be more productive!  I know it will be more fun!  I love Thanksgiving…..probably because my sister hosts it.  lol  I only bring 3 pies.  Hope yours is good too!  Many blessings to you and your families!  Be well!

4 comments:

Annie said...

hahaha...you are such an addictive bundle of holiday cheer! I've been listening to Christmas music. There's no better feel good music than Christmas. So I'm feeling in the holiday spirit. Love the recent envelopes.

Unknown said...

Happy early Thanksgiving to you too! :)

like you I am ready for decorating, baking and the stuff for Christmas. Trying to wait though until after Thanksgiving... it's tough. :)

Rettabug said...

Um, let me get this straight...you made 10 DOUBLE batches of cookie recipes, read at least 7 books this past week or so plus designed & hand painted several DARLING envelopes & you don't think you were productive???!!!! Crazy Lady!!!

Please tell me, is that last batch of YUMMY looking round cookies with the red & green sprinkles called "Italian" cookies? I think I have that recipe but I always see them done with rainbow sprinkles. I'd like to try making them. I'm in a baking mood these days.

Hugs to you, my friend....enjoy today's nice temps...they won't last.
R.

Createology said...

Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours. Fun Fabulous envelopes.