Friday, April 24, 2015

Cold again….

I should learn to shut my mouth!!!  Just as soon as I was bragging about our nice weather, it went and turned cold again.  Ugh!  30 degrees when I woke up this morning and snow yesterday (if you can believe)?  Thankfully, it didn't stick to the ground!!  Whew!

Anyhow, I've not been doing much except reading and ordering stuff from Amazon.  Bad me!  I did send envelopes to my girls though with new books inside:





Then, my online friend, Sue, asked if I would make an envelope for her son who was recently deployed to Afghanistan.  I hope he gets a kick out of it!


Naturally, I read a few books.  The first one was a thriller and I really (I mean really) liked it.  The 2nd was historical fiction which was just okay.  I also liked #3, but I love this author anyway and usually can consume his books in record time.  Besides, I love that he has very short chapters.  lol  #4 is a book for mid-grade kids (ages 8-12…grades 3-7).  I think I originally bought it for my great niece for the future, but it was in my bookcase containing my "to-reads", so I decided to read it beford giving it to her.  I must say that it was a real delight.  I gave it 5 stars (the highest goodreads.com rating!)

THE LIFE I LEFT BEHIND                            by                Colette McBeth
A SPARROW IN TEREZIN                            by                Kristy Cambron
BURIED SECRETS                                      by                Joseph Finder
A SNICKER OF MAGIC (DEBUT)                  by                Natalie Lloyd

So that's it!  I'm off to the store to buy almond flour.  I just discovered (I must be living under a rock) that mostly you can substitute almond flour for regular flour in recipes which will lower the carb count by a ton.  I'm going to try it!  Have a fun week!

3 comments:

kiwikid said...

I love cakes with almond flour...gives a great flavour! The envelopes are amazing once again..I am sure the one for Afghanistan will be very happily received! Well done.

Createology said...

I have not tried almond flour but love the idea of less carbs...my downfall along with SUGAR I LOVE!!! Cute envelopes...the Owl is a Hoot. Creative Bliss Always.

beachiesews said...

Thank you again, Carol for sending that darling envelope to my son! I can't wait for him to receive it! I bet he will know it is from a friend of mine...and his wife is a fan of your work...it will mean a lot to her and I bet it will be in an album in their home! So far, he is doing well and is safe. But still, this mama worries...I am trying not to, but he is my baby even if he is almost 32, married and stands 6'3!!! Thanks so much...sending you some warm weather and sunshine!!! Sue.