Friday, June 19, 2015

I can hardly wait to show you…..

Unfortunately, it will be a few weeks yet until my back splash tile is in and installed yet, but the cabinets are done and the doors re-hung with new hardware and all I can say is, "I LOVE IT"!!!  I feel like I'm living in a seaside condo on the edge of the ocean somewhere in maybe, North Carolina….oh, I'm so glad I had my cupboards painted!!!  At first, I choose the wrong color and I was really disappointed after the paint was on, but then I called my sweet contractor lady, explained the situation and she came here immediately with a bunch of color swatches, plus an eventual two "test" quarts of paint and we "nailed" the color I wanted perfectly.  She then painted all the trim pieces that night, plus resprayed the 26 cabinet doors which were at her house the next day, and when she and her son came back in the early afternoon yesterday to paint the drawers, I had no idea that the job would finally be completed last night at 8:00 pm.   Wow!  Now I can't wait for the back splash tile!  And I can't wait to show you!!  Stay tuned……

Needless to say, I had lots of time while I was watching this whole procedure all week, so I finally finished my 2nd pair of socks (which I can tell you in all honesty) I like 100% more than that first pair I knit a week or so back…ugh!  This was much more fun yarn!  And softer too!   


 Through all of the hubbub in this house this past week, I haven't neglected my little sweeties.  Here are the envelopes with books that I sent out this week:





And then….I actually finished a book this week too and it was good:

THE FIXER                             by                       Joseph Finder

So, that's the news for this week.  Today I have to clean my house.  Poor thing has really been neglected this week and the dust is unbelievable with all the sanding, etc.  Have a good weekend, my friends, and do something fun for yourself!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Yea for Good News! The envelopes this week are especially cute! Congrats on finishing a 2nd pair of socks. I'm going to watch some Hometown Baseball tonight, My Friend who moved away is HOME to go with us. I call that FUN!

Ellyn said...

I can't wait to see the kitchen! love those pretty socks & all of the envelopes too

Createology said...

This is very exciting and I am so glad you didn't "settle" for the wrong color. LOVE your new knitted socks...like rainbow sherbet! I always love your fun envelopes but the little girl in the RED Mary Jane shoes is my all time favorite!!! Lovely weekend dear...

beachiesews said...

Cant wait to see your kitchen! I am so tempted to paint mine...it is just builder cheap...I should have upgraded when we bought this place 9 years ago! I am hoping to move in a year or two, so that stops me...maybe! Maybe on the move and the stopped painting!

Your new socks look great! I still have not started mine...too much going on, but I will do some in a couple of weeks after company and the 4th. It is the scorching hot hibernation season here so a new project inside will be fun and a good time to learn a new skill! Don't you just love knitting and yarn????

The view out your windows looks so lovely and green! Have a good week! Sue.

kiwikid said...

Woohoo!!! I am looking forward to seeing your kitchen finished.....dust!!!! We still are finding it here and the job is finished...I have a theory that the plaster dust lurks somewhere and comes out after you have cleaned!!!! lol!! Love the socks and the envelopes!