Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th of July

I'm already getting ready for family to celebrate the 4th of July…..hope you are too!  I have potatoes boiling now for potato salad, and just got back from the store with tons of fruit for a fruit salad.  Yummy eats on the 4th are part of the tradition!!

I'm sad to tell you that my kitchen is no further than it was last week, but that will change soon.  I heard from my contractor that the tile is in and she will be here to install the back splash on Tuesday.  Yippee!  I'm so anxious to get this completed and to show you the before and "afters".  I do love it so far!

Sent out envelopes with books again this week…….(naturally)…..and was asked my my sweeties to take a picture of myself in the artistic process since they're both saving the envelopes.  I thought that was sweet.  






My little great niece called me and told me I looked like a real artist…..how do you like that???  I had to laugh.  Kids are so funny!

AND….I was knitting.  (I should be reading two books I took out from the library, but haven't started those yet and they're due the 11th….bad me.)  Anyway, here are the pair I finished (the 3rd pair I'll have you know) and following is the pair I just started (which I am having a heck of a time with for some reason.)  The yarn is very stiff and rough and doesn't want to leave the needles easily…..love the pattern though.  I will finish one sock and see what I think after that.



So, that's the extent of my week.  Like I said, I do have two books here and hopefully I can at least get to one this coming week…….(if I would stay off this computer shopping for yarn.  lol)

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July with friends and family.  So until next week, "Happy Birthday, America"!!!

4 comments:

Createology said...

I love seeing your picture while you are creating your uber cute envelopes. Thankfully your girls are saving your artwork. Your kitchen will be wonderful when completed. Fabulous Fun socks you are knitting. I wouldn't be able to shop for yarn online unless I could touch and feel its texture. Safe and Happy Fourth Dear...

Ellyn said...

you do indeed look like a real artist! because you are...

kiwikid said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours!! You are an artist so that why you look like one!! Lol!! Not so good you are having trouble with the sock!Hang in there.

Rettabug said...

Happy 4th of July, Carol!!! You've crossed my mind a million times these past few weeks. Won't call you today, as you're busy with family but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

The socks are very impressive & the envelopes are hilarious, as usual. I LOVED that monster one you did recently.

Hugs,
R.