Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baking-Not Sewing

I can't believe it!  I'm all sewn out!  I think it happened because of my recent sewing marathon and I really thought the day would NEVER come.  I love to sew!  On top of that, my husband is traveling again....a time I relish to make huge messes because I don't have to pick up a thing until I'm done.   So what do I do to keep myself busy for 4 days??  Ummmm???  Well, Christmas is coming and when's a better time to make a mess but now making Christmas cookies?  I mean, I usually freeze them anyway, so what's the big deal if I make them a few weeks early?  So, as of today I have 9 kinds done already with about 4-5 kinds to go.....and most of them are double batches, I'll have you know!  I maybe should have taken pics, huh?  Oh well, I'm sure I'll do that when they're all done and I'm sorting them in tins for friends in a few weeks.  Until then, I wish I could share the smells of my kitchen with each one of you!  Ummmm.....soooo goood!

4 comments:

Rettabug said...

You CAN'T be all sewn out!!!!! That will never happen. You're just recharging your batteries, that's all.

I'd love to know all the different kinds of cookies that you've made. I only have a few family favorites that I make but I'm open to new recipes all the time, as you know. ;-)

and YES, you should have taken a picture for us. Maybe when you get them all into their tins for distribution????

♥ Rettabug

Jackie's Stitches said...

I freeze cookies for the holidays. Great job on getting started early!

LJ said...

You must share the recipes! I'm all for making new recipes as tradition. Oh and I want to SEE the cookies too! :)

Karen said...

Your family is soooooo lucky to have all the cookies you make every year! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of yur cookies when you package them up.