Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas is Over

Christmas might be over, but unfortunately, my mindset is still there.  In order to keep from really "going over the edge", I promised myself that I would finish two tree skirt samples before I did ANYTHING else.  (That does not include shopping for fabric though...which I did do this morning.  LOL)  I know that I'll get into something else.........I'm dying to get going on the Doll Swap Quilts (yes, you did hear that right...there will be more than one...I'm thinking 4 and I'll get into that next time), but right now I have to C O N C E N T R A T E!!  Yes, concentrate on these samples so that when I get the patterns back from the graphic designer, I can ship them off and hope that I sell LOTS of patterns!!!  I'm thinking my quilt shop might "push" them at Market??  We'll see!

Anyway, I did get to see my friend, Shirley's, take on the pattern and take pictures, (and she was a doll to help me adjust the instructions and use the correct quilting lingo)...THANK YOU SHIRLEY.  I rarely buy patterns, so how was I supposed to know you don't write like you talk?  Duh!  I must admit, it did cut the instructions down almost a whole page.  LOL  Oh gee, here I get off the subject again...talk about ADD??  Maybe!  Well, enough......here is her skirt in it's glory.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I just love it!



Don't you agree that it shows the versatility of the pattern?  It looks good in country or modern.  I didn't know I was so brilliant!!  LOL   

10 comments:

LJ said...

it's an amazing pattern no matter what colour it's in!! fabulous! i hope you can buy a small island with the $4 you make from selling these!

(word verification: snessess
Can there be any more "s"es??)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

It is REALLY cute! My sis-in-law wants me to make her a tree-skirt for Christmas this year. I think I have found a great pattern... ;)

Kris said...

I've been thinking about how great this pattern would look in bright jewel tones, since that's the color of our Christmas tree! Can't wait for the pattern to come out!

Unknown said...

Truly brilliant! I love it! It will surely sell tons.

Rettabug said...

Carol, that looks great & is so boldly graphic...even in the darker color tones! It turned out wonderfully special looking.
I hope you sell a bazillion patterns so I can say I knew you before you became famous. :D

Cole's Corner said...

It's beautiful!
Can't wait to hear about that doll swap, too!

Dorrie said...

You're a big tease with all these samples of your pattern. Pattern, pattern, pattern. . .can't wait. I've done the same as you, and did a little shopping~ Christmas fabrics~once your pattern is available, I'll have my fabrics pressed and ready!

jacquie said...

brilliant! i can't wait to make mine!!

Poppyprint said...

This is a stunning tree skirt! I LOVE IT. I would likely write a pattern like I talk as well, and come out with 5 pages of chitchat! Now I have to scroll thru your blog to find your modern version of this....I'm sure you will indeed sell lots of patterns. Are they available directly from you? I could see making this for my siblings and their families!

Amy said...

Maybe I have missed a link where to buy this pattern..... but I would LOVE to buy one..give me a linkie and it is SOLD.