Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yeah, my baby's back!!

Yeah....I finally got it back!  About time too since I had to call at three weeks to discover that they hadn't even looked at it, nor even touched it yet.  E-gads, it was only in for cleaning, it's not like they had to readjust the thing or anything.  Yikes, just blow the dust, guys, that's all.....and it took that long??  (You sure can tell a man was in charge, huh?  If it was a woman, she'd surely know how important a sewing machine is.....at least I'd think so!!!)  But, she's back and I'm happy!  I was going bonkers there with no creative outlet, believe me.  Any longer and I would have been whipping stuff out of the closets to discuss.  LOL  


Naturally, I had to use it today to see how it worked and I had a ball!  I was "lost" in imagination that had been in the back of my brain for weeks and I needed to get "him" in fabric (FAST) before I forgot or got waylaid by something else.
  

As it was, I think he turned out pretty cute.  I made a few in both styles, but really couldn't decide if I liked him better in the day, or the night....what do you think?  I named them, "Day and Night in the Snow".  And I took the picture with them in the snow too, if you can believe?  I think that's why they look a little wonky.  

Day & Night in the Snow




12 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my gosh...they are so cute.. I would have a hard time deciding also... I love them both.. but maybe you should send me one of them... lol lol lol.

Is that a pattern.. or did you make it up yourself?

Tracey Jacobsen said...

super cute indeed. :)

Glad you got your machine back!

beth said...

We're all cheering with you (about your machine coming home)!! Your little guys are super cute too!

Val said...

Oh I love them both. So cute. I am glad you have your machine back.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

So cute! I can't choose a favorite.

Rettabug said...

What fun little quilt creations!
♥ the backgrounds of snow!
♥ the wild & funky scarves!
♥ the expressions of pure joy!

Makes me want to go out & play in the white stuff...almost.

Well done!

Unknown said...

So glad your baby is back! I love your day and night versions of your snowmen, just way too cute!

Always Sewing said...

There little guys are adorable! I can not imagine being without my machine for 3 weeks. Yikes! So glad you have her back with you. Let the creating begin!

Jen said...

OMG these are SOOOO cute! LOVE them!! So I have to ask since I'm not that adept on Bernina's. What stitch width and length are you using for your satin stitch?

carol said...

Jen, and others...I usually use between a 2 and 3 in width and there is no number for length, but it's way under 1. Seems to take forever to get anywhere, I have the stitches so close together. I do use a clear foot for applique too.

Dorrie said...

I'm so glad you have your machine back! Your snow buddies are sooooo cute!

Karen said...

Adorable! I think you should add these to your pattern line in different sizes. (Placemats, lap quilts, wall hanging, etc.) Such a happy little guy!