Friday, April 22, 2011

If only....

Now that I'm done doing my morning exercises, I can write with a non-guilty conscience:

My yoga DD

(LIKE I WISH!!)  I don't think I've ever been that skinny.....or nimble.....even when I was 9!!  I did take ballet once if that counts?  Not that I can even do the splits anymore though.  'Course, I can't do much anymore...except sew, and cook, and eat and sleep.  In reality, that is my beautiful daughter in that picture.  She is quite the renowned and respected yoga teacher as well as being a certified Rolfer and she's always loved exercise.  When she was little, she used to watch Richard Simmons on TV every day and when we took a trip to Disney World, she got more excited at seeing Richard there than Mickey Mouse.  (And she was only 3 at the time!!)  Funny, isn't it how what you loved as a child affects you even as a grownup?  I could sit for hours and draw when I was young...........(thus the non-skinny me, I'm thinkin')......and to this day, I still love it.

Too bad I'm not faster at it though!  For the last two days I have done nothing!  (Except take a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon.)  I think I am pooped from all the piecing.  E-gads that is boring!  I don't know how some of you can do that day after day.  I can't wait to get back to my applique and fun drawings.  I have ideas, now to just DO them!!  I joined the new Mug Rug swap (although I wasn't going to because of so many other obligations)......but how long can one itty bitty quilty thing take anyway?  Besides, it's not due until the end of May.  I did get a lovely mini from "contented be" (Rachel) for the QT swap.  The them was circles and curves.  If you remember, I sent her this one:

Sweets for Rachel

And this is the beauty she sent to me:

From Rachel - "contented be"

Did you check out all that hand stitching?  E-gads, what patience!  (And strong fingers!)  Beautiful!

I did make a binding for the wonky squares lap quilt that is now waiting it's turn for quilting at my local quilt shop.  I think this will be perfect:

Scrappy binding!

I know, I know......you're all saying, "Enough woman, show us the good stuff!!"  And I really wish I could......next time (hopefully).  I promise I'll start today!  Really!  Believe it or not, I even drew something before I sat down to write this...........so soon!  In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday and enjoy everything whether it's for Easter or passover.  Peace!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Your work makes me smile! Just love it and all the bright happy fabrics you use ,keep drawing .
Happy Easter

Mommarock said...

I'd have to give up food for a year.. not to mention chocolate.. and then someone would have to break me in half!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Oh to have a body and be as nimble as the girl in the photo - I have never been so nimble but I wish I was!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Jenny said...

That picture caught my attention! WOW! Love the binding picture!

Yumm yumz by patticakes said...

Your daughter is beautiful! You showed us the "good stuff" after all!

Shannon said...

I think we all wish that we could look like her. LOL! She is beautiful. I love both of the little quilts. They are so great. I can't do much hand quilting, the old RA would kill me. I love all of your work. You are so talented.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just admired my mug rug from you one more time when you mentioned you joined another swap. Have a great weekend too!

Rettabug said...

Gorgeous shot of Ms. T, Carol!!! What a beautiful young woman...I envy her that body! LOL

Your little quilt for Rachel is just darling & I LOVE that binding that is ready & waiting. That's the best part...the final touch.

fondly,
Rett