Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wonky Squares

Do you remember that pile of scraps from last time?  Well, here is the result:

Wonky Squares Baby Quilt

And here is the back:

The back

I don't know what it is about primary colors that I love so much.......I guess it's just that they're so fresh and clean looking.  And besides, my quilt shop needs to sell solids so I'm helping them out by designing easy patterns for beginners for their new Kona club which will be starting soon.  Not only did I make this in a baby quilt size, but I also have one going in a lap sized which I'll show you soon.  That one will need to be quilted though since I only do baby quilts.  (Just call me chicken!)

Besides these, my swap partner in the UK did receive my quilt that I made for her in the QT swap so I can show you that.  The theme was "circle and curves" and I think I managed to pull that off:

Sweets for Rachel

The first thing I thought of when I heard the theme was an ice cream sundae.  Isn't that strange?  The real crazy thing about that is that I'm not even a fan of ice cream.

Too bad that I didn't use a heavier steam a seam product on her face and hands though.  Poor thing looks like she has chicken pox 'cause the background fabric is showing through.  LOL  Oh well, at least they're round.  LOL

So, until next time.......I'll be sewing away.  It's amazing how long this crazy piecing is taking.  E-gads, all I've been doing is thinking of stuff to make next while I sew and iron away.  For sure next week, I'll be creative again.......I promise!!!

23 comments:

Jan Maree said...

And yet again I LOVE your work! Oh to end up with you as my swap partner!!! Love the wonky squares quilt - the primary colours do it for me too! and the mini quilt - delicious!!!!

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

That sundae quilt is simply adorable...I am such an admirer of your art! Love the wonky squares quilt too. I am also a big fan of primary colors.
Tanesha http://craftygardenmom.blogspot.com
Listen to my quilting podcast on iTunes: Crafty Garden Mom

Unknown said...

Love the wonky squares! And I do agree with you, there is something about clear and fresh colours, its beautiful! I think I must find the tutorial you gave us :o)
Hugs

karen said...

easy pattern for beginners - just what I need - from your flickr photo I thought I could do this - so its great to hear it is actually easy. If you have a moment let me know how I can buy this pattern, Thanks

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the solid wonky D9P for a baby quilt. Now circles and curves would make me think of a sports car, but that is just too cute!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Love both projects! So colorful and fun!

Yumm yumz by patticakes said...

Circles and Curves makes me laugh - maybe because I thought I was looking at a picture of me? - lol! I DO love ice cream . . . well, I love anything sweet and bad for me and I am probably more Circles than Curves.
But thanks for the morning smile!

Audrey said...

I didn't even notice the chicken pox until you pointed them out.

2ne said...

Love your swap quilt - it is wonderful ;-)

Susan said...

I love your interpretation of circles and curves - just like you to be "out there". I didnt notice the chicken pox until I read your paragraph - they are not obvious in the photo. Love the wonky sqaures - such a clever idea.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that first quilt photo - so crisp and clean looking with the solids. Love the binding too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Cool!! Love the bright colors and the chick with ice cream quilt is a so very cute creation. love it! :)

pinsandneedles said...

Another winner! Just love your work!

Helen said...

Love, love, love, love those wonky squares!

Michele T said...

You have done it again!! Love your Wonky Squares Quilt - awesome!!

Unknown said...

Adore this quilt!! Fabulous look! Love the sundae too!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

That is such a cute quilt...actually, I just found your blog and I'm blown away by your projects. I LOVE bright and funky things and your projects sure do fit the bill.
Wish I'd have been around when you were selling the pins with the little toppers and that kaleidoscope quilt...omg, it's gorgeous!!!!
I'm going to add you to my blog list so I can keep up with your cute things.
Peggy in NJ

Shayla Sharp said...

Maybe they're just freckles! Beautiful work as always!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Gorgeous quilt and such a wonderful and whimsical quiltlet for swapping, you are one creative and talented lady!!

Rettabug said...

Such wonderful colors & patterns! Did you see your wonky baby quilt made Explore??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Ursula said...

love love love that quilt! I need to get me some solids.
And the swap quilt is adorable, as usual. You never cease to amaze me.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

pretty wonky squares...and the leeetle girl! she is PRECIOUS!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

search engine ranking software seo link exchange backlinks high quality backlinks