Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Can you say DOTS???

I always knew that I loved red and white together and I guess I always knew that I loved dots, but this year, I even surprised myself when I realized that I went a bit overboard.  First of all, I wrapped most of our gifts in this paper which I found at Target.......and was so happy when I discovered it:


Then, for our big family celebration of finger foods prior to the big day, I picked these to make my life easier so I didn't have to wash dishes:


Now, you'd think that would be enough.........ah....NOT!  When shopping at my favorite specialty grocery store one day, I spied this and just had to go back to buy it (even though I can't remember the last time I even drank tea!)


 Isn't it just the cutest?  Every time I look at it, I think of Alice in Wonderland for some reason.  It's just so happy sitting on my dirty stovetop (sorry about that...I should have made sure it was cleaner before I snapped this picture.)  Strange how things show up so much clearer in pics.....yikes!!)

Then, there's the tree.  Now you see it, and then you don't.  I already took it down, can you believe?  The temps have been so mild here that we figured we'd get everything put away before the snow falls....much easier that way since we store the tree in the garage off season and it's easier taking the outside stuff down without dealing with ice.




I decorate like I sew, I guess.....sort of funky!  So, another Christmas bites the dust!  I hope yours was happy!  I think the crowning glory of my festivities was making this:

5 minute a day Artisan breads

Oh my, it was sooooooo good!  And sooooo easy!  But, now I need a 6 quart container......cause I surely will be making it again!

10 comments:

Sue said...

Your tree looked lovely, love the teapot and it's polka dots. The bread? looked yummy, can we have a slice?

Laurel H. said...

Everything looks lovely! Is the bread "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" bread?

Annie said...

Of course I can say DOTS! Especially when it comes to you!
All your dots are fun and whimsical. Your tree is very pretty! Somehow I thought when I saw your tree it would be very bright and colorful. You are really surprising me lately with all this versatility you are showing. I like it!

Are those clear plastic ornaments? Do they have anything inside?

Stitches said...

I think you are really "dottie"!! I love the red/white dots, I believe you have started a theme for yourself..The bread looks really good, could you share the recipe and how you made those little loaves? I love making bread so I am really interested in it. Thanks

Keep Stitchin' said...

I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to dots myself! I just think they're so cute and cheery, I guess! I even bought fleece with polka dots in four different colors to make little coats for our four little granddaughters!
Trudy

Terri said...

Love you tile! I just had a reconstruction on my kitchen - it was ripped apart to clean up some mold and asbestos flooring. I wish I had seen your tile first. I'd have made some different choices.
Bread is gorgeous, bet it's yummy, too.
Hugs!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I bought the same plates, napkins and wrapping paper. I went back and bought 2 more rolls of paper because i can use it all through the year and there is a lot on the roll! Too funny.

Unknown said...

Love all the red and white dots :o))

Lynn said...

Polka dots make everything fun! Your bread is beautiful-enjoy:@)

Nancy B said...

Love that teapot!! And the bread looks delicious.