Monday, December 19, 2011

Wow, you guys!!!!

It was just as good as Christmas.............no, make that BETTER than Christmas...........reading all your sweet and complimentary comments about my big news on my last post.  Thank you ever, ever, ever so much!!!  You are truly a gift to me!!

While many of us in the USA are waiting to see if our JoAnn fabrics really does carry Australian Homespun magazine, I've found some sources that are really reliable.

First of all, I was informed by a reader that http://www.zinio.com/ can provide a digital copy.  (In fact the editor of Homespun asked me to mention that too.)  So, if you like your reading material digital, that is the place to go and they already have it!!  If you're like me though, and like the paper feel in your hands, these two places in the US are available to order the magazine, BUT they don't have issue 12:12 in yet:
http://www.ericas.com/  and  http://stonehouse-publications.com/  (I'm praying that those links work??)

In the meantime, let me show you what I got in the last two swaps of this year.  Remember STUD?  by now you should surely know that it stands for Swap til you Drop.  LOL  I sent "momcindy" this, remember?  It was her dog, Sophie:

Diggin' in the garden

And she sent me this:

"It's a Dog's Life" by momcindy

She named it, It's a Dog's Life" and certainly depicts my spoiled Havanese, Toby.  (Even though I haven't carried him a bag yet, at 7 lbs, I surely could.)  Actually, it looks just like him, don't you think?  Wow, such talent!  That's not an easy dog to copy!!!

Then, I got my quilt in the "Little Quilt - Sew, Vote and Swap" group.  It was my first choice:

Received from Lisa

How festive, right?  It looks like Lisa "incorigable2" made it specifically for me, it's so much my style.  I love it!

So, that's it for today, my friends.  2011 is winding down and that's a good thing.  Before you know it, we'll all be into the new year with sewing machines ready, but for now, it's time to take a break and reflect on the quietness of the season.  I hope you are winding down too.  Enjoy!!!  (And thank you again for making me feel like a superstar!!!)  Until next time...............

12 comments:

Ela said...

Beautiful!!!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE both doggy projects.

Mary said...

Cute! You deserve it. I'm still on the lookout. New Magazines get put out on Thursday's- I'm told at our JoAnn's.

Amy Friend said...

Merry Christmas Carol!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such cute doggy minis and love the Merry!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

All are just adorable..and both dogs are sew cute! TFS and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing!!
Love your work, every time I see it!! (especially the first - so cute!!)

Dianne said...

Wow she really did capture Toby and I love the embellishments she added - sweet!
I hope your Christmas is Merry Merry - VERY!

Nancy B said...

How fun is all that?!!

Merry
Merry
Merry
Christmas!

Rettabug said...

How stinkin' cute!!!! just DARLING!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Have a lovely Christmas... and PS, you are a superstar :-)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Carol! Wow you got so wonderful quilts! That with Toby is amazing! What a great talent, humor and beautiful work! I love your doggie quilt as all your works!
Merry Christmas! x Teje