Thursday, January 17, 2013

2012 Recap

I've been so busy finishing up my recent ladies that I forgot that you were here waiting to see what I all made during last year.  While some bloggers make up a mosaic, I have much too much to even attempt that!  I will show you some of my favorites though after I list my achievements:

1 set of potholders
17 mini abstracts
21 mug rugs
6 crayon quilts
19 bitty block sets (3.5" blocks-12 in a set) plus 3 sets of polaroids
36 pincushions which included 20 Christmas mice
9 lady quilts
4 placemats
25 doll sized quilts
1 lap size quilt
4 baby quilts

And some of my favorites.......remember that you can click on any of these pictures to see them bigger:

Circles #1

"Downtown" - completed

"Flowers in the Forest"

"Folk Art Flowers"

"Connections"

And a few mug rugs:

Have a Happy Day!

Copycat Mug Rug

Triplets

MeRry ChRistmas Mug Rug

Now some bigger doll size quilts:

Happy Birthday, Annie!!

"Lotsa Dots" - FLiQS2

"The Button Tree"

And bigger yet:

"Stitch N Dye" copy #2 in the sun

Twin quilts - unwashed

Whew!  I hope I didn't bore you.  There were more favorites than I thought!  Some of them I did so early last year that I almost forgot about them.  Which is your favorite?

Now I better get to work!  I'm completely out of stuff that I can show you until February......I guess I work too far ahead sometimes!  Tomorrow I need to work on my bitty block set....the theme for February is monsters and MINE is adorable!  Just wait until you see him!!!  Such fun I have here all by myself!  lol  Until later, my friends.........











22 comments:

Annie said...

Well, of course my favorite is my birthday quiltie. After that, there are so many I would say are a favorite...love the circles in the squares, love the city, love the Malka look-a-like...on and on. Wow, you done a whole buncha stuffs last year! VERY well done, Carol! So much candy to our eye sight.

Nicole said...

I love your stuff so much. Always SO SO happy!

Thanks for being you, and for sharing it with all of us.

waggonswest said...

It has been great fun looking over your shoulder as you have worked on these projects all year. They all make me smile.

You have such a bright happy palette that it is almost impossible to pick a favorite.

Maybe the Stitch in Dye or perhaps Lotsa Dots or any of the ladies. Actually I think I like the tree, the crayons, the city scape.... Can't do it. Love them all. Thanks for sharing.

Elaine said...

There's so much prettiness here!

Susan said...

Absolutely impossibe to pick one ..or even several, theya re all great!!

Over40 said...

Your blog is never boring. You make so many fine things. I love the colors and the humor in your quilts.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm never bored with what you do. I always look forward to seeing your creativity.

Anonymous said...

I love every thing you do! Your talent is amazing! I wish I could do this...
JoAnn

Michele said...

What an amazing and colorful year. You are so inspiring.

debstokes said...

I couldn't possibly pick a favorite - love everything you do!! This is the first time I've seen the Twin Quilts (last picture) - those are amazing also. Deborah

Cindy Sharp said...

Love them all...

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Thay are so fabuous Carol, just like you!

rondiquilts said...

Thank you for sharing, some are my favorites some I don't remember seeing. It would be too hard to pick a favorite!

Rondi

Happy Scrappy said...

LOVE them ALL !

Dianne said...

Can I just say that I LOVE your quilts? All of them are so bloody awesome!! Cannot pick a favourite but I must say that the little frog makes me laugh out loud..for a long time!!!
Thanks for sharing all of your creative loveliness during the year and for the recap reminder of how much I enjoyed seeing them.

Karen said...

What a busy lady you are! It is hard to pick favorites but I love the two blooming trees. There is such a lot of work in them! When I read that you made 19 bitty block SETS and that there are 12 in a set my jaw dropped. Wow! You are amazing! I used some of the fabric you gave me to make a Dots and Stripes 'thank you' dress last week. I did a little applique work on it. I posted it on my blog. Come by and check it out. Without you that dress wouldn't have happened!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thank you for the fun review Carol! I always enjoy looking at your artwork!

Michele T said...

I am in love with your bright, colourful and whimsy creations... thanks for sharing some of them again! When I have lost my mojo temporarily, I turn to your blog for a quick dose of inspiration!!!

Rettabug said...

What an amazing amount of work for only 1 year, Carol!! I thought how fun it was to see all the COLOR you have used this year. Lots of bright, happy colors...makes me smile.

Your creativity never ceases to amaze & inspire me.

Warm hugs,(you're gonna' need 'em)
Rett

Karen said...

Hi, Carol! Rosebud fixed the 'no reply' thing yesterday. I guess the replies will come to my email now. Anyway, I used another of your gifts for this week's PR&P challenge. I used one of the Michie patterns and that tape. The little suit is up on my blog. Thank you again for all the wonderful things you sent me this summer.

Sarah said...

Whoa! You got heaps done! Well done! I think the button tree is my favourite!
Looking forward to seeing your monsters.....

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your designs are lovely and fun - they look wonderful!