Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just a few things.......

Heavenly days......you'd think I was just sitting around here lately doing nothin'!  My get up and go has gotten up and went, I think.  It seems to take forever to do anything anymore.  I'm hoping that it's the weather.  Right now, it is a whole rip-roaring 6 below zero F.  That is COLD!!!  Thankfully, the wind isn't blowing and the sun is out.  I went to the grocery store and my car didn't unlock by itself when I got back to it, like it's supposed to do.  I had to dig in my purse and then undo the key fob thingy and manually unlock the door to let myself in.  Horrors!!!  And guess who didn't wear gloves??  Hello!!!  Duh!  That should teach me!!  At least I'm home again now.........in the nice warm house!!

Yesterday I made a Valentine's mug rug.  Who knows why?  Just cause, I guess:

The Valentine Tree

Then, as long as I had my already fused fabrics out.........making a heck of a mess:

Nice mess!

I decided to fulfill my promise to make a 12 1/2 inch block as my contribution towards a group quilt we are making for a Flickr friend in need.  I thought it was time to get out the "bird" again:

Bird w/hearts block

Then, this morning I heard from Lady #30 that "she" arrived so I can reveal her to you now.  Please meet, Cathy from Australia.  As usual, the drawing, her pretty eyes, and the entire quilt.

Lady #30 - Cathy from Australia

Lady #30's pretty eyes

Lady #30 - Cathy from Australia

Since I didn't get permission from Cathy to show you the photo she sent to me to use to make her quilt, please visit her blog (highland quilter.blogspot) to see her in real.  She is one pretty lady!!

So, that's it for today!  It's almost time for lunch and then I might even take a nap.  Who knows?  lol

Until next time, my friends...........

18 comments:

Wanda said...

How much do you charge for one of your ladies? I would love to have one.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

I love that bird! such vibrant colors...I really enjoyed your "retrospective" fro 2012--gorgeous quilts!

Mary said...

Cute Mug Rug! Glad you are still getting orders for new ladies to make. Each one is so fun to be revealed. Naps are the best...

Annie said...

The valentine mug rug is so delightful, as is that birdie carrying a string of hearts to your friend in need. I'm so glad to see your birds again. And Cathy is fabulous, as usual. I love her little button necklace and red dot blouse!

Annie said...

The valentine mug rug is so delightful, as is that birdie carrying a string of hearts to your friend in need. I'm so glad to see your birds again. And Cathy is fabulous, as usual. I love her little button necklace and red dot blouse!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

The mug rug is delightful and your little birds always make me smile! My Charlie Harper Cardinal garnered a lot of admiration this Christmas so thank you again for creating him for me.

Susan said...

Another fabulous lady hits our shores!! Love the bird and the heart tree - I love nanna naps too . . Don't tell though!! Hope you can locate that get up and go soon . . .

momof3girls said...

Oh! Your blog always makes me smile! Such lovely creation. I too would love more info on your "ladies". How do I order one? They are so precious!

B J Elder said...

Oh, I love finding someone else who says, "Heavenly days!" :D
Love the bird with the hearts, as well as your other wonderful creations you posted. Your work always brings smiles to me. Thank you.

Cathy said...

You have my permission if you need it Carol. Can I have you permission to use the sketch??

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and seeing your creations. You are so talented and your projects make me smile. You should create some patterns. Your designs are nicer than any others I have seen.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Beautiful work as usual, love those hearts!

Rettabug said...

Hey...Cathy looks like me with her red polka-dots & blonde hair! LOL

LOVE your little Valentine mug rug & the bigger block with the birdie is just perfect! I swear it looks like you did those hearts on an embroidery machine, they are so perfect. Well done, as usual.

Talk to you soon,
Warm hugs, (we were -5º this morning) Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachael said...

Hello, you probably get a lot of requests for your lovely quilted ladies, but I was just wondering how much are they, and if there is a waiting list?

Thanks
Rachael :)

Anonymous said...

Monday nіght is pizza night at our house, with Μom's homemade vegetable pizza at the top of the list of favorites. There are plenty of electric ovens that will still knock your socks off. Top the dough with olive oil or cooking spray, and scoop the onion mixture over it evenly.
Look into my homepage photopeach.com

Anonymous said...

My brotheг recοmmendeԁ I mіght like thiѕ ωeb site.

Hе was totally right. This роst truly
madе my day. You can not іmagine just how much time
I had spеnt for thіs info! Thankѕ!

Μy weblog :: Chemietoilette