Friday, July 30, 2010

At least I'm not Confused Anymore

It usually doesn't take much for me to come up with a quilt. (Especially doll quilts. As we all know. LOL) I see something, or think of something and one thing will lead to another and wa-la, I grab fabric and usually have something presentable in a day or two. But this one had me stumped! I actually had to get out paper and colored pencils and draw it out by hand. I had seen mazes before in quilts....not too often though, and for the life of me, couldn't understand the construction. How in the world did they go round and round and round? Duh! I knew the colors I wanted to use to make it effective.........

but first had to determine what went where, when and how! Duh! Well, let me tell you, after I had it all drawn out, numbered and my fabric strips cut, it went one two, three and in a minute you'll see why.
Now, that doesn't look too hard, huh? Not at all once you figure it out.........

Color Maze #1

Not one of my best works, but at least I'm not confused anymore!! (At least not for colored fabric mazes. LOL)

6 comments:

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

I love it and the colors are great!

Rettabug said...

I think it is wonderfully bold & graphic, just like most of your work, Carol. I'm not sure I would have been able to figure it out WITH the colored pencils!!! LOL

I love the striped border you used & what is the little dot in the center made out of?? Button?? Fabric??? INK?????? ;-p

marilyn said...

Carol that is awesome and it IS exactly how I thought it would be.. I just had to stare for a few minutes :)

MM

Karen said...

Thank you for explaining how you did this,Carol! Amazing and wonderful!

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

love the touches of black and white with your rainbow of colors.......and thinking about it,seriously, I know would have had to do the same thing to get the white and colors going in the same direction!! who needs a computer when you've got paper and something to draw with.!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

really! It's so cute!!! Nice job! love that black dot in the middle!!