Friday, July 23, 2010

Busy Girl

I've been a busy girl this week! First I finished a doll quilt that I discovered in a book called, "Whimsyland" by Liz and Beth Hawkins. Rarely do I use patterns for anything, and to be honest, I didn't this time either as their templates were too big for the size I needed. I just looked at the quilt in the book and sort of "winged it" so to speak:

DQS9 "Laugh"

The only trouble I had was trying to embroider through the already fused fabric. I needed a pliers to pull the needle through in spots. :)

Then, today, I was thinking that I wanted to do a fast project, so I got up my bag of already cut strips and made a quick string quilt to use as another angel quilt. I've made so many string quilts I could make them in my sleep, but this time I did something a little different. I seamed a real scrappy binding for it and I love it. It seems to tie it all together so nicely.

DQS9 Simple String Angel Quilt

So, that was my week. What about you?

11 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

let's see - I've spent my week picking my jaw up off the floor as you roll out yet another beauty!All I can say is it's a good thing you're the Angel queen - I hope all your quilts aren't needed, but I sure do love seeing them all! Hugs

Linda said...

How big did you make each string square block? It makes such a cute DQ!

Helen said...

You are a machine Carol! A machine girl!!!! Both are amazing, well done!

Michele said...

Your quilts always brighten my day. Go you!

Poppyprint said...

Yup, what ^ they said. You rock it Carol. You have the bestest scraps, too.

Anja said...

OOOOOOOOOOOH, you made my day with your loooooooovely little quilt!

Soooo heart-skipping!

szkornelia said...

I love both of your quilts, especially the first one. I really like this style, so I think I will also try something like that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rettabug said...

I can't keep up with you, Carol...just as soon as I comment on one....Boom! YOu've got another one finished. LOL

Lovin' each & every one of them, too. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your scrappy string quilt, especially the scrappy border!

Shayla Sharp said...

All these lovelies, you must have a spare jar of talent you could share, right? When I grow up, I wanna be you!