Friday, July 9, 2010


I've always admired the fantastic quilting and gorgeous, bright and happy designs by, Kellie from I can't even tell you how many times I've visited her blog in awe of her creations. Then, it occurred to me that there was no reason I couldn't use her pillow tutorial to create an angel quilt for the ongoing DQS group. I could practice her technique and still not copy. Yeah!!! (Although, I must admit that I might have my dear friend, Shirley, ( do the quilting. Shirley is an awesome quilter and it would look soooo much better if she did it. Isn't that right, Shirley????? Besides, who says angel quilts can't be a collaborative effort????

Here's the beginning all fused but not yet appliqued nor quilted.

DQS9 Flowers

I'll show you the finished product as soon as "we" have it done! Okay?


Poppyprint said...

So cute!!! I love the colours Carol. Man, I'd like to see your stash!

Amy said...

You did use a great collection of fabrics. This will be smashing!

茂慧茂慧 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

That looks great!!!

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rettabug said...

How CUTE, Carol!!! The stems look so adorable in that green with white...almost a bamboo effect. Great thinking!

Remind me to walk you through making a clickable link next time we talk. ;-) Off to see if I can find Shirley's stuff.

Rettabug said...


The Gazebo House

Just ignore or delete this comment, Carol. I wanted to see if I had linkage html correct