Saturday, May 26, 2012

The pincushion swap is over.....

And I had such fun!  I received my glorious package from Leah "Smoochee" all the way from Australia this week:

My FLiPS package from smoochee

That cross one is BIG.....it surely will hold ALL my pins and needles!!!  Leah must have known that I have lots!  And, surely being that large, I won't misplace it.  (Another plus!!)  Good thing it's not filled with crushed walnut shells (like I fill mine)......I might not be able to lift it.  lol  Really though, I do love it!  The piecing is amazing and the style is right up my alley!  She also was so generous in sending another pincushion, some darling pin toppers, a fat quarter and tons of sewing machine needles.  Wow!  I lucked out!

This is the package I sent my partner, Susan (FlossieBlossoms).  She let me use her photo with permission:


I'm sure you remember the frog and wrist corsage from my past posts.  There's a long story regarding this package.  I discovered that Flossie never went to prom as a girl and I thought a play on that theme might be fun.  I wrote a fairy tale that included close to 40 flickr names of people we both know and had her open certain things in order.  The fairy tale is here.   I think writing that was more fun for me than even gathering the stuff or making the pincushions.  You might enjoy it too.  I wonder if she ever did kiss that goofy frog???


Anyway, that's about the news with me.  I'm working on something and after that, I have another one almost finished in my head.  If they both work out like I envision, I'll be doing a happy dance.  What I'll do with all this stuff is the question though.  I only have so many walls..............lol!!!  Have a happy weekend, my friends............until next time.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Such a wonderful fairy tale! Love the pin cushions and all the extras! What a wonderful group of gals you had in your Flickr group!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Your fairy tale is amazing! I had to chuckle at your kiss the frog comment.... I made a quilt for a good friends wedding, and found the perfect fabric for the backing that had words"princess", "castles", "carriages" scattered all over. Then, as I was hand stitching the binding, I noticed printed very faintly in small letters ......"kiss the toad"!!!

After a moments hesitation, I decided that was perfect for a wedding gift!

sew.darn.quilt said...

You gave and received a wonderful collection of goodies. I really like the allsorts licorice pins,
too sweet! :)

Jodie said...

Love that crosses pincushion and the froggy..looks like it was a great swap.

Annie said...

Fun stuff girlfriend! I like that little pink pinnie too. I was chuckling when I got to your clip art of the princess kissing the frog...love the frog's "choaked" expression!

What to do with your creations.....
Start hanging them on the "outside" walls. That'll brighten up your neighborhood. And slap on some nice price tags. I'll bet you wouldn't be able to keep those outside walls decorated for long.