Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Images and Stuff

I was thinking the other day about all the e-mails we get, and how neat some of them have been lately with such awesome included images.  Since I seem to never go anywhere lately (probably because I'm sewing my life away), and thought that some of you might be in the same boat, I'd include a few that I borrowed.  Ah-hem....stole/swipped/downloaded.  (All for good fun!)  Naturally, I named them.....(like you didn't know I was going to do that????  Please!!!)

The first one, I'm calling, "Show me the way to go home...."


I don't think you'd want to do that at night with a bit of a buzz, huh?  Pretty though.....

The next one, I named, "the road to no where".......for obvious reasons:


It might be a nice ride on a warm summer day though.

The next picture I took last week.  I call it, "Lonely leaf with a touch of snow"


And finally, the last picture I stole.....borrowed...which I call, "The garden gate".  Soooo cool!!

Yeah, I know you're probably saying, "okay lady, the pictures are nice but where is the finished abstract......did you work on it at all, huh....is it done?"  Well...yes and no.  It is done to the point of sandwiching it together.  I do know now what I am going to do with it though and that's a plus.  At first, I was contemplating making it bigger by adding some borders.  Hopefully, I can show it all finished next time.  For now though, I can show you 2 log cabin potholders I made for the Potholder Pass swap.  My partner wanted orange, and turquoise with a touch of curry.  (Actually she wanted grey too, but I didn't like the grey with the other colors, so I didn't use it.....bad me!!)

Wacky Log Cabin Potholders

Then, I finished the log cabins for the theme of the Jan/Feb STUD swap too.  (Log cabins must have been on the minds of lots of administrators, huh?  I just realized!!  Hello!!!???)  Anyway, my partner got the mini quilt I made for her yesterday so I can show you.  Do you have your sunglasses on?  It's a bright one!!

STUD - Log Cabin - Jan/Feb 2012

So, that's about it for today!  I'm sewing constantly lately, it seems and even wake up at the crack of dawn with more ideas.  I wish I could sew as fast as I think...............'course then, I'd need lots more fabric too.  lol

Thanks for visiting and being a fan!  You have no idea how I appreciate each and every one of you!!!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, your rainbow mini is fabulous! The binding is perfect too!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I thought I'd say :Can I post first because I'm your biggest fan? But I'm second to post and still your biggest fan Carol. Love the pot holders - they are art and wow, the log cabins, just bright enough.

pinsandneedles said...

Love the bright log cabins Carol! The fabric you pick for binding is Great work once again!

Sandi said...

Log cabins were on our program people's minds for our January meeting also...guess it is all snow and cold blowing around.

Great quilts love the black and white binding on you mini log cabin.

Leanne said...

I love that log cabin quilt and the pot holders are wonderful! I also love those photos, especially the docks.

Sharon M said...

I so enjoy your site. Bright colors, great ideas with a bit of humor thrown in. The dock is my favorite photo, the potholders are wild, which I love and the mini log cabin would be right at home in my house! Anyone would be lucky to swap with you.

Rettabug said...

Very cool photos of both your work & others as well, Carol.

Those pot holders made me think of that commercial, "This is your brain. This is your brain on DRUGS!" Thank goodness you don't do drugs or else you'd REALLY come up with some wild & wacky ones!! LOL
They are REALLY cool!!

Hugs,
Rett

Cindy Sharp said...

That log cabin quilt is fantastic, and it is welcometo hang on my wall any time.....oh, it is! Lucky me. Thanks Carol.

Love the pictures. I think I like garden gate best....love the gate without the fence.

Annie said...

I know where that road to nowhere goes.....Platteville. (short story) Those potholders are wildly fun!

Terri said...

Love this post! I think the "road to no where" would make a great starter landscape quilt. Have you ever made a landscape quilt? I've been thinking about it... just so many other ideas.
Love the pot holders... those are the kind that hang on the refrig. as art, and never get used, just admired. And the mini is gorgeous.
Hugs!

Nancy B said...

That binding on the log cabin mini just wowed me!! Love your work.

Jo said...

Just love love love that log cabin mini quilt, she sure was a lucky partner.

Susan said...

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks! I'm totally intrigued with the show me the way to go home photo. Can you tell me more about it, please. Susan sdorsey@psln.com