Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It arrived!

I was wondering how long it would take my placemat to reach my swap partner in Australia, and now I know. She got it yesterday.....yippee!! So now I can show you! Here is the drawing:

And here is her placemat:

A placemat for Sue

Another swap done! Two more to go and I haven't even started those although I do have some ideas. Who knows, maybe I'll start one today?

Believe it or not, I haven't sewn a stitch since I finished that funky tree skirt. I thought it was about time I did some visiting of new things in my town since the weather has been so nice. Yesterday I went to a new HUGE 200,000 sq foot grocery store (if you can believe.) I wasn't looking for anything specific, just wandering, but ended up spending $60 and 1 1/2 hours there and I didn't even go up and down every aisle. I figure to see the whole thing you better plan on a minimum of 4 hours! LOL Next time I'm wearing my tennis shoes and bringing my pedometer! Maybe if I push the cart full of stuff real fast, it can even qualify as exercise!


11 comments:

Nancy said...

That placemat is adorable. I love your whimsy...and the upside down bird..

Michele said...

Great placemat! Your birds have so much personality. That grocery store sounds pretty fun.

Judi said...

Love it!

LJ said...

I love that quilting!

Jenni said...

that placemat is awesome! I'll bet your swap partner was over the moon:)

Poppyprint said...

Love that personalized placemat Carol!

Wendy said...

Wow, that is incredible!! your lucky, lucky swap partner!

Blåbærtua said...

Lovely!

maree said...

If I were your swap buddy I'd be smiling every time I looked at that - it is just so cool. Ciao

KarrieLyne said...

Sooooo darned cute!! Love those birds!! Lucky swap partner!

Mia said...

Wow!!! Amazing!!!!!!