Friday, October 22, 2010

The postman cometh!

I always show you the stuff I send for swaps, but rarely do I show you the stuff I get back and I'm not sure why. I think I forget, or am too concerned with the next swap obligation on my part. Well, since I've been a slacker, and have been reading instead of sewing these past few days, I'm going to show you some of the stuff the mailman has brought. I'm telling you, it's so fun getting packages instead of bills. First is the pillow cover and wall hanging (although I am going to use it for a table runner) that I got from tracyjay in the All about Christmas Swap. It matches my tree skirt just perfectly and I love them. I can hardly wait until Christmas!

Next is the little quilt that I got from sewgentle for the STUD swap (swap til you drop so you don't get the wrong idea. LOL) She sent a package that you wouldn't have believed. It was just like Christmas! Honest! Everything was all wrapped up so pretty and I really didn't know where to start. I should have made a list of all the stuff she sent along. Wow!

Is it Christmas or is this a pkg from Sewgentle?

And here is the pretty quilt. We had to do fussy cut. She wanted to do shadow pumpkins:

Next, was an awesome mug rug from bahamadawn (who I always thought was named Dawn, but NO! Her name is really Kim.) If you recall, I made her a birdie mug rug with her name as the flower pot. We did a private swap and I admired this one so much......little did I know it was on it's way to me. Isn't she just the cutest? Green eyes too, just like me!

Then, I got the cutest little fabric postcard from another one of my favorite artists, Sandy in Buenos Aires. This girl is a wonder and I'm so happy she had my name. This little 4x6 inch beauty is now gracing my kitchen wall so I can see it all the time. It's just perfect for this time of year!!!
Then, lastly, I got my mug rug. I swapped 3 mug rugs in this swap and this was the last one and the BEST one. I love it!!! I must say that I was overjoyed!! It was one of my favorites of the whole swap and Amanda got my taste right on the nose:

Mug Rug from Amanda

My red and white dotted mug is perfect with it!!

So that's it so far. There are a few things to go and I still have to make one more thing for a swap and I'll be done until the end of the month when it'll start all over again. E-gads!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

How fun! The cat is adorable and I love the pumpkins too-enjoy:@)

Poppyprint said...

Wow, what a lot of amazing swap goodies! I just love what Tracey made for you in the Christmas swap and your mug rugs are adorable. The tiny kitty is so cute!!

Rettabug said...

That is some amazing work shown here....what wonderfully creative & talented people you hang with, Carol!

Each item is so unique & different & beautifully executed in every way. No wonder you're in love with the man in the brown shorts! LOL *wink*

Amanda Jean said...

wow! your post box is a happy place! what fabulous goodies. I LOVE the red and white mug rug. perfect for your mug!

rstogether said...

Aren't you a lucky gal - what an amazing collection of lovely things.
Not sure what I love the most - being a hallowe'en fanatic, the pumpkins and cat get my vote. What a talented bunch of ladies.

Susan said...

Can you tell me more about this swap? I would love to participate -