Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy (late) Halloween from To"BEE"

I just couldn't help that title today after this:

Happy Halloween from To"BEE"

Isn't he just the cutest dog ever????  OMG.....the look he gave me after I was done putting it on him was like, "Mom, you've got to be kidding?  You expect me to wear this?"  Poor little guy wouldn't move!  Once I took off the headpiece though, he was much better......

We had company on Halloween.  Toby's little 3 month old friend, Harvey, came for a play date with his mom, Wendy.  Poor Toby doesn't have many friends his size so this was quite a treat.  Except Harvey wanted to hump him all the time, which didn't sit too well!  Once I took down the baby gates, and let them run the house, things were much better!  In fact, if you want to watch a U Tube video, click on Toby in his costume and scroll down to the link.  It's only 41 seconds long.  Wendy took the video.




We're guessing that Harvey will grow up to be a bit bigger than Toby considering he's not that far away from his size now and he's got a whole lot of growing yet to do.

On the sewing front, I have been a bit lazy.  Usually during the pincushion swap, I make tons of cushions of one sort or another, but this time, I seem satisfied with only two kinds (although I did go a bit nuts on one.)  Here is the first one I made:

a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35289170@N06/8122708413/" title="Checkered Pincushion by mamacjt, on Flickr">Checkered Pincushion

Don't look at the "unmatched" piecing.  I really thought it was working and after I was done, I hated to take it all apart since it was only a pincushion and I knew that my partner would not be getting that one anyway since I bought a pattern awhile ago that I was itching to make:

Missy Mousie Pincushion

Isn't she so much cuter?  I think so and besides, she is perfect for my special swap partner!  That little mousey plus some goodies, will be the perfect package.  I had a bit of a problem making just one, I must admit, so I thought making a bunch of them for early Christmas "in the mood" gifts would be fun to give my family members on Thanksgiving.

6 Little Christmas Mice

Other than that, I haven't sewn a stitch.  With my company, and a few appointments, and lunch dates this week, I have kept my house pretty thread free for a change.  Maybe today I can change that!  More ladies next time.......I hope!  Until then, have a great weekend!

No comments: