Friday, October 9, 2009

Quilters Blogfest

Amy from Park City Girl is having a quilt festival.  I'm not too familiar with all the ins and outs of it, but you can find out here.  I am to post my favorite quilt of all time, and I think I will chose one that doesn't have the best picture, but is my all time favorite.  I made this quilt early this year, while I was still a relatively new quilter (and didn't know anything yet) and copied one that I had seen on Flickr that was made by my now new friend, LauraJay.  Hers was bigger though....(I think.)  Anyway, my husband was traveling when I decided to start this quilt and I just stayed in my kitchen day and night working on it.  I had strings and fabric pieces all over the floor (and me) and was so exhausted by the time I went to bed every night, I never cleaned up until it was completely done.  I never could have made it with him home, especially not with cooking and everything else my daily life brings in my kitchen.   It took me 5 days and I love it!  It has all the colors I adore and I was so proud of myself when I was done that I could do it and make it look good.  Since then I have learned so much, but this quilt will always be special to me.

A side view    

23 comments:

Zonnah said...

I LOVE it!

Kaye Prince said...

It's beautiful, I love the fabrics that you chose! I would love to spend five whole days quilting, but I think my partner would feel neglected :D

Mom said...

Oh, I love this pattern and the colors!
margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Wow a five day quilt marathon! And a lovely quilt - well worth that effort. What a great pattern.

Rita

Amanda Jean said...

it's wonderful! i was wondering which one you would choose.

LauraJ said...

And it's special to me too because it's over this quilt we became friends! :)

Marianne Penner said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the colors.

Rettabug said...

This is my second favorite quilt that you've done....I like MY green & black striped one that you finished for me the best!:D
This one IS beautiful, though. I don't know why but I think of cucumbers when I see it....COOL & CRISP!!!

Anonymous said...

Great fabric choices. Beautiful.

Simona said...

Beautiful I like the colors you chose

Deborah said...

love the colors and the pattern

Rebecka said...

I love your quilt and story. Good way to get things done, just leave out the mess! :^) The result a beautiful quilt!

ARTwendy ... said...

Fabulous!
Really only been quilting a short time?
You wouldn't know!
Thanks for showing us!
Cheers

Rene' said...

Beautiful quilt. Really pretty colors and pattern. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

"Tis a beautiful creation. Well done.
If I ever tried to do a 5 day sewing marathon my dog would either be sleeping in the pile or trying to get me out of the sewing room :)

AnnieO said...

A five day quiltathon--that's like a month in real-life, isn't it? You have made a charming quilt and I can't believe it only took you those few days! Thanks for sharing your quilt's story.

Lonci said...

Beautiful quilt:)

SewCalGal said...

I love your quilt. Delightful colors & fabrics.

Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Leila said...

I love it! What a great first quilt. When the husbands are away the wives can play!

Jocelyn said...

Wow cool quilt!

quiltmom anna said...

Carol,
I think your pattern is called Bento Box - very fun pattern- I love your fabrics so soft looking but very funky.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Anna

Leslie said...

this is gorgeous...i love it. thanks for sharing

Diane said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing!