Friday, August 26, 2011

Maria

Welcome to my rendition of "Maria" (#4 in the Ladies Series).  She reminds me of those alteration ladies that used to be (or perhaps still are in) clothing stores.  I remember when I was a young girl how my mother would have some "Maria" come in to let out a few seams here and there for me.  (I always was a bit chunky.)  She always walked in with pins in her mouth.....or was that just my imagination?  I'm sure she wasn't wearing a button necklace.........I KNOW that is my imagination!  Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen an alteration lady in ages.......not since my daughter got married and needed her wedding dress altered.  (Not that I'm still not chunky, you understand........I just rarely buy dresses anymore.  LOL)  Target is more my style now!

Anyway, meet Maria:


Perhaps I should have put the tape measure around her neck, as I remember alteration ladies did, but in her hair was just much more colorful and right now, for me, that is the name of the game!


I really like this one for some reason.  Things just fell together perfectly and her eyes, well her eyes are awesome if I do say so myself!

Maria - her face

The drawing:

#4 drawing in Ladies Series

Maria - #4 in Ladies Series

Maria is for sale.  If you need specifics, please visit the other ladies in the group.  Prices are as in the past.  I think she needs a new home, don't you?   As with the others, it's 14 1/2 x 18 1/2 inches, and all ready to hang.

14 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

Maria is beautiful. I love her necklace! She looks astonishingly like a friend of mine!.....which, now that I think about it is just a bit creepy.

Anonymous said...

you are right - her eyes (and everything else) ARE awesome!

And btw sorry I didn't reply to your email the other night - I went to bed since it was after 11pm. I still haven't had a chance to.

xx

Annie said...

Your rendition of "Maria" is whimsical...in her retirement, that's exactly where she'd start wearing her tape measure! :-)

Sheila said...

Love all of these ladies , what talent you have , so creative!

Wendy said...

Just gorgeous! She is really great!

Suzanne said...

I love it. I look forward to all your creations and I am waiting for just the right one for me...I will know it when I see it!

Nancy B said...

She is so cute! Love the necklace.

Unknown said...

Great job! Maria is a cute one. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Michelle said...

I just love your ladies and all of the texture the quilting adds!

Chris said...

Hey Carol! I'm LOVING your series of ladies! You are so talented and have just exploded with adventure in your quilt making. I enjoy reading your blog since I don't have time for the forum anymore.

Rettabug said...

She DOES look just like what you'd imagine an alteration lady named "Maria" should look like, Carol!! Very, very cute....especially that button necklace. ~~smile~~

mamadevlin said...

Love, Love, Love HER!!! Yet another amazing Lady!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I absolutely love Maria. Her necklace is adorable & hooray she has brown hair!!!! You are doing such a wonderful job with your series. You are an awesome textile artist!!!
Brin

Unknown said...

i like your ladies.and quilts too.