Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hot Diggidy!

Do you remember when I made these blocks for the QuiltCon challenge?

QuiltCon Challenge Block #1

QuiltCon Challenge Block #2

QuiltCon Challenge Block #3

Well, guess what?  While I was somewhat disappointed that none of them were chosen for the front of the "hot-shot" raffle quilt being auctioned off in Texas................(and that would have been quite an honor in itself since only 20 or so were chosen out of approximately 325 being submitted).............my #3 block was put on the back of the quilt.  Can you imagine?  Pretty cool, huh?  See here!  Of course, now I'm liking the back MUCH more than the front.  lol  You too????

You can see all the blocks submitted in the Flickr group here.

In the meantime, I will be sewing.  I really haven't been lax in that department, it's just that while I was making something (twice in fact) for a swap, I really fell in love with both of them and now don't know what I will do (yet) so I can't show you.  I know......bad me!  I did get a few orders for ladies though, so soon you'll meet my new friends.  I must say, that I'm sure having fun with these again!  Sometimes I even surprise myself at how much the quilts actually look like the pictures.  Stay tuned...........

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oh they are wonderful!!!!! and congrats :)

Laura said...

I like the back of that quilt even more than the front! I liked all three of your blocks (just so you know) but I know there were many, many great blocks submitted. Congrats!

Ellyn said...

Congrats! That's quite an honor!

Annie said...

A wonderful quilt back with your block in it. Congrats girlfriend! Is there a photo of the front...or did I miss that.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations! I have to agree with Laura...the front of the quilt is really nice, however, I prefer the back of the quilt as well.

MariQuilts said...

Congrats....I love that block, well I love all three of them. The back of the quilt looks fabulous.

Cindy Sharp said...

Dawg diggity...that is fantastic. Congratulations Carol.

lindaroo said...

Congratulations!
And yes, I like the back of the quilt best!

Elaine said...

I saw the post and your name yesterday and was so excited! Congrats! I'm glad they picked one of your "signature" blocks!

Valspierssews said...

I love your blocks and yes the back of the quilt looks fabulous with your block on it.

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

Congratulations, Carol !!!! You derserve it !!!
I would have included your first one too, it's GORGEOUS !!!
xoxo
Sandy-