Friday, November 8, 2013

Should I or not????

As most of you know, I have a dog, Toby, who is the love of my life!!!  Seriously, often I like him better than any other living creature on earth.  He doesn't tinkle on my floors, he doesn't bark at me to get him something from the store when I go, he gives me kisses and hugs whenever I want and best of all, he gets all excited when I come in the door, even if I've only gone to take out the trash for a second.  When we got Toby (2 1/2 years ago) we always thought that we'd eventually get him a pal, but then too, as we age, the thought of puppyhood with another one, drives us crazy.  Our Toby is so low key, it's like living with a 12 year old "normal" dog.  His favorite time of day is jumping on the bed to take a nap with me.


I must admit though that he does like going outside to check out the critters and whomever might be walking down the street:

"Ma, please let me out so I can chase that squirrel, okay???"

Tell me then, WHY do I search for darling pictures of Havanese, like I should get another??  Just look at these that I stole from the internet.  Have you ever seen such cute babies?




I must say that I even DID inquire about that last one and IF he'd been closer, he'd probably already be in this house and I wouldn't be writing this!!!  lol What a doll, huh?

Then, my friend as a litter of 5 boys...........BUT this litter is not in question, although they are all for sale if you are interested.  They are going on 3 weeks old and are only days old in this photo.


No, it's this little guy from another litter that is the quandary.  He's not even 24 hours old in the first picture.


And here he is at a week old:


Next week I will go to see him in person.  Oh my, what to do??  It's bad enough to housebreak a puppy in spring or summer, but in the middle of winter in Wisconsin?  I must be nuts to even think about it!!

17 comments:

Maria said...

Oh how adorable.....

Ana Maria said...

He will be another little darling friend that will help Toby, you and family to really enjoy Winter time and keep you more warm, just for having to be always running after him! And, in a couple of months he is a grown up! Enjoy his young age. Cheers

Sue said...

Hi, yes you need a friend for Toby, I always only ever had the 1 dog, however Jackson was 4 when we decided to get a playmate, it's lovely to see them play and communicate to each other. Jackson is a Westie cross and Daisy is a Westie, so much fun. Those pups are Sooo cute, yes we need to watch another popster grow up on your blog. Hope this helps lol.
Have a nice weekend :o)

Sue said...

Sorry it should say Pupster!

Bianca said...

How darling those little pups. I can see your dilemma. Although we have no dogs, we do have four cats. (Much easier to house-train too...)
Having dogs, cats, kids, quilts, anything you love really is like eating chips; You can't just have one.... (exept maybe for husbands, that's just asking for trouble!)

Danih03 said...

Hmmmm, here is something to think about. I have a golden retriever. When he was a year old, I decided to get a little dog, a papillon. When I got the Papillon(Zoey), it happened to be during an ice storm. She is still to this day not fully potty trained. I think the ice storm really hampered her training. She doesn't even like the feel of grass under her feet. Second bad thing I didn't expect was how mad my golden retriever(Max) would be at me bringing a puppy home. He was so mad at me he wouldn't look at me or come to me when I called him. He sulked for over a month! I went from me being his number one owner, to my husband being his number one owner and it's still like that to this day. ............Something to think about.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I simply would not be able to resist...

Christine M said...

Oh, but he is so cute!

Susan said...

You know you are going to do it! You love a challenge Carol, and when you fall, you fall hard! Go for it!

Lisa said...

You will be amazed how much Toby will like having a playmate. My girls are 1 yr apart and they absolutely love each other!

Susan said...

Sometimes you have to let your heart rule your head!!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh my word, you are making my heart squish...those are precious dogs.

Smiles,
Kelly

Createology said...

Does Toby want to share you?

Debbie said...

I am still recovering from getting a puppy last December. My guy loves the outside. Me, not so much in the freezing cold!

But....Carol, that little one is just the cutest. Might be hard to resist. :)

Rettabug said...

Yep, you're nuts...certifiable!

beachiesews said...

Congratulations on the newest member to your family Carol! How will you be able to resist? I can't wait to see another pic of him when he is a bit more fluffy!

Anja said...

You are not mad, just doggie-loving;o)