Saturday, April 16, 2016

Keep your fingers crossed, please......

Nothing to show you this week, friends.  I have been busy running to appointments with my hubby.  I haven't been able to drive since sometime last November, so I am now at his disposal (ugh) and he works every other morning.  I don't know if you remember that last time I posted, I told you I was gong to try steroid infusions.  This procedure is done in a hospital IV therapy room by appointment.  So far I have had 4 treatments and not too much is different, although I can see my legs and feet have lost much of the swelling.  Last night my husband and I played "Cinderella" to see which shoes will fit me now.  All winter, I have been wearing only one pair.  Anyway, these treatments will now continue once a week for 6 weeks.  When I originally saw the doctor, he claimed I might be walking by the 2nd week which would not be next week, like we'd think, but the following, since I was supposed to have 5 treatments in a row last week, but I had a conflict with another doctor (ugh), so had to push off the 5th one until Monday.  I have been reading like a mad woman though and I thought perhaps you might like these books too.

Out of all the books I've ever read, I think a book I read in 1979 was my very favorite and I have followed the author ever since.  The name of that book was "Kane and Abel" by Jeffrey Archer.  It is about two families and the twists and turns that bring them together and at odds.  Well, within the last couple of years, Mr. Archer has again outdone himself.  He has written a series of 7 books (the last one to be released November 8th of this year), which are simply amazing!!!!!  My husband read them all and my son-in-law too, so I thought as long as I wasn't doing much now, and really needed something to read during my IV sessions, I would engage in them too.  WOW!  Let me give you the names of the books in order (and PLEASE) read them that way:

The Series is called the Clifton Chronicles and deal with a family for 100 years:

1.  Only Time Will Tell
2.  The Sins of the Father
3.  Best Kept Secret
4.  Be Careful what you wish for.
5.  Mightier than the Sword
6.  Cometh the Hour
7.  This was a Man   (released November 8th, 2016)

Enjoy!  And, please keep your fingers crossed for me!

22 comments:

Mary said...

So Sorry! I'll keep more than fingers crossed! Take good care and read one for me. I have a stack that I need to read here already. I hope the swelling continues to decrease.

Christine S said...

Sending good vibes your way. I hope you will see progress soon! I'm still struggling along too. Found out last week I still have cancer growing somewhere ugh. Hugs to us all struggling to find our health again!

Anonymous said...

I love Jeffrey Archer and will definitely add these to my list of books to read. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that the treatments will be a success.

Lynn said...

Fingers are crossed and sending you hope and smiles. Thanks for the book suggestions!


Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read of your tough times Carol! Sending you love, hugs, and prayers for good health from New Zealand! Xxx

kiwikid said...

Fingers crossed here too...hopefully this works for you, thanks for the book recommendations will look into them. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

Lorraine said...

Hang on in there Carol, we're all gunning for you here in blogland. Enjoy your books! Lx

Cissa K said...

I am glad to see your post. It is good news that you are improving. All fingers crossed. Sending you a hug and best wishes.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Hang in there hope all goes well. Thanks for the books.

Susan said...

Thanks for the heads up about the books . All my fingers are crossed for you - it seems that this latest treatment is helping a little so lets hope that does continue. Hugs

Ellyn said...

I am in the middle of book three right now & loving them! Still praying that your treatments will be successful.

Shayla Sharp said...

Prayers from Oregon---I hope this works for you!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

I have only just caught up with all your news. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time health wise. I hope they get to the bottom of your problems very soon and that you feel significant improvement. Chronic ill health sucks! x

Leanne said...

I am glad to hear you are working on a treatment, and I have my fingers crossed for you!

Jo said...

Keeping everything crossed that the treatment works for you X x

MariQuilts said...

Thinking of you.....I hope it all works out!!!

suz said...

Hopefully the shots will begin to help. It must be so frustrating for you. Continuing to keep you in my prayers.

Thanks for the book recommendations - I love a series that allows the characters to grow and change!

Leslie Creech said...

Keeping my fingers crossed! I'm eager to see how these steroid infusions work. It sounded like an autoimmune disorder when you described the mysterious early symptoms, so hopefully this will move you in the right direction. As for the heart valve, I know it sounds scary, but valve replacement surgery is quite common so it should go smoothly! Hope you're back to sewing up some bright and fun quilt pieces soon.

beachiesews said...

Hey Miss Carol! So good to see a post from you. I hope and pray that the treatment will work, and you will enjoy good health again!

I also hope you are having a pretty spring...has it started yet? Ours has been lovely, but I know the heat is just around the corner waiting!!!

Sending my best wishes!!! Sue.

Rettabug said...

Hi Carol,
I'm home from Paducah & have been thinking of you all week. I've got a horrid cold & can barely talk or I would call you to catch up.
I hope & pray these steroid treatments will find you some relief!!!!
You've really had a run of it lately, Hon & I feel so bad for you. It must be awful to have been SOOO active & now be down & out.
Mega Hugs...I will call you soon to catch up. Hang in there!!

Boo McCready said...

Hi! I was just thinking about you and while I'm at it, I'll offer a prayer too! Hope you are getting better!

KaHolly said...

Thinking about you today and thought I'd pop in to see how you are doing. Looks like it's time for an update! I've read the first three in that series. Thanks for the nudge to continue! Kane and Abel was also a favorite of mine way back when. I'll be checking back every day! I'm settled now and back into the facsimile of a routine. XXOO