Friday, September 11, 2015

It's official - summer is over!

Last Sunday, we hosted our annual family pool party.  The weather was perfect, the food was yummy and everyone had a good time.  Next Thursday the pool gets closed up for winter and another summer will be over.  Sometimes it goes too fast for me……I relish the warmer weather…..but live in a cold state.  Crazy! (Incidentally, don't go looking for me in the pool…..I didn't go in that day.  lol)


After supper the little ones used their drawing skills to decorate our walkway.  Stupid me didn't take a picture of it until the next day after it rained.  Where was my brain?

 
Of course, I sent out envelopes this week.  Just because school started, doesn't mean my sweeties don't like mail with good books inside.





AND….whooppee, I finished another pair of socks this week.  These were made with worsted weight yarn and are quite thick.  They also were knit with bigger needles which made them go fast…right up my alley!  This is the same pattern that I used on the purple ones I showed you recently.


So, that's it for this week.  Tuesday starts the carpet installation and I'm not looking forward to it…..although I can't wait until it's all done and my stuff is all back where it belongs.  Just moving the little things is a pain, believe me.  I'm finding things I didn't even remember I had.  lol

Have a great week, my friends and PLEASE do something you love…it's so important for your mental health.

2 comments:

Createology said...

Looks like your family has celebrated Summer to the fullest. Now we are Falling into Autumn Bliss. Fun envelopes again. Good Luck with your carpet install. Mine is done and most rooms are put back together. I was able to purge some stuff I no longer need. It felt very rewarding to donate and fill up the Cerebral Palsy truck.

Rettabug said...

I know how you love looking out at your pretty pool, Carol. Too bad this summer went so fast. Heck, it rained all of June, then July was so stinkin' hot, I could barely stand to be outside. Now Aug. has flown by & half of Sept. too. Why don't the COLD, SNOWY months go by that fast????

Loved the recent envelopes, esp. that turkey hiding in with the flowers...really cute!!