Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Day Early…...

No, it's not Sunday (my normal posting day), it's just that I had a lull in my life today and decided to post a day early for once.  Hope I didn't get you confused.  lol  

First off, I want to thank you all for all your nice Anniversary Wishes for hubby and I last week.  That was so sweet of you!  We had a marvelous day……..not my "going out for" pizza or burger supper, like I had anticipated, but instead a full barbecue that we hosted for the kids and their families.  Once I heard one family was stopping in, we invited the other and decided to make an afternoon out of it.  A bit more expensive than I had expected, but what the heck???  The weather was perfect, and everyone had a nice time, so that's all that counts!

Check out this next picture (and I'm sorry it's foggy, but I had to zoom in so I wouldn't scare him away.)  Do you see the teeny tiny reddish squirrel on top of the lower arm of the shepherd's hook?  Honestly, he was only about 9 inches, body to tip of tail.  I did a search and think he is a baby red squirrel (who loves bird seed, I might add!)  Even the Doves are bigger than him. 


Then, even though I did send out two envelopes to my little ones this week, one was a duplicate of something I have already showed you so I posted only one.  I should have put a white spot in her eyeballs though.  I think she would have been cuter.  Needless to say, she is a fairy.


Then, (much to my DH's chagrin) I got another delivery from Amazon this week.  I really have to stop this buying……really!  Good thing I have a lot of relatives and friends that can borrow these after I'm done.  (That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!)


Good thing I read 6 books this week.  (Actually only 5 in full since I really skimmed one that just wasn't doing it for me.  lol)

A MAN CALLED OVE    Debut              by                  Fredrik Backman
THE BLACK HOUR        Debut             by                  Lori Rader-Day
ONE LAVENDER RIBBON                    by                  Heather Burch
THE VACATIONERS   (skimmed)          by                  Emma Straub
LAST TO KNOW                                  by                   Elizabeth Adler
THE DEATH FACTORY  (only 87 pgs)   by                  Greg Iles

The first two were the best….by FAR!!!  Don't bother with the rest, really!  Of course, once I finished A MAN CALLED OVE, I don't think anything could have measured up.  It was one of the best books I have read in my life!!!  Seriously!  This debut book was written by a man in Sweden and already was an international best seller by the time it hit our shores. It was recently released July 15th in English.  I'm telling you, I laughed out loud (all by myself) so many times, I couldn't even count….and then I cried too…..big real tears.  Do yourself a favor, and even if you don't read much, get this book from your library and read it and savor the emotions you will go through.  Rarely does a book come along like this…..believe me!  I ordered it from Amazon for our own library after borrowing it from our public library.  I can't wait to pass it on to everyone I know!!!  I think you will feel the same.  Read the reviews and see for yourselves……please!!  You will thank me later!

So, have a good week and happy sewing, or reading, or gardening, or cooking, or whatever your heart desires!  I am going to start thinking about a family swim party that we are hosting next Sunday.  Whew….always something!      

6 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, squirrels are quite the acrobat when bird seed in a feeder is involved. That fairy is just adorable. I'll have to remember to get that book.

kiwikid said...

Oh the squirrel is so cute - I gather it is after the seed in the feeder? The fairy is cute, no worries there.....off to search for that book too, thanks for the recommendation! Good to hear the family gathered for your anniversary!

Britt-Inger said...

Yes En man som heter Ove, A Man called Ove is a very good book. It is as you have written many good big laughters and some tears fallen too. It has been very popular here in Sweden too, but the second book of this author is not so good, I even could´t read it to the end.
I am happy that the book about Ove has reached so many readers over the world.

Britt-Inger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt-Inger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

That's one determined little squirrel:)