Friday, May 15, 2015

E-gads!

Hi all!  Like I told you last week, I'm in the process of checking out on how much it will cost to have some tiles on our kitchen floor replaced and the whole thing re-grouted, original custom oak kitchen cabinets painted, and back splash tile removed and replaced.  Lord knows I shouldn't be watching The Property Brothers, Flip and Flop, and Love It or List It!!  Seems like nothing when they have their contractors come in, look over the kitchen and quote a price of probably $5,000 for the whole kitchen replacement….no big deal, right?  HELLO????!!!  Let me tell you, in real life, it's TOTALLY not like that!!  I almost had a coronary this morning when a cabinet painter gave me his written quote………e-gads!  It was about 3 times what I expected.  Only thing good about the whole deal is that he told me that I wouldn't have to remove everything from the cupboards…just the close stuff.  Whew…..!!  And, that he'd take the cabinet fronts and drawer fronts to the shop to do them there.  It will be interesting to see what hubby has to say when he gets home.  I will let you know…..

In the mean time, here are the envelopes I sent out this week:





And, I did read two books this week with the 2nd one being the best of the two.

THE FALL                                       by                           John Lescroart
JACK OF SPADES                          by                          Joyce Carol Oates

For some reason, I have been thinking strongly about knitting socks.  Now, I have never knit a sock in my life and probably haven't picked up knitting needles for the past 20 years so who knows where this is coming from.  With me, it's sometimes a wonder anyway!  lol  Needless to say, I have watched MANY youtube videos this past week and already have an order for needles into Amazon.  Thankfully, my sister is a knitter too, so any stray product can go to her, if I find this latest craze is too nuts for me…….she knits socks, but uses the 4 needle method, which will NOT happen with me since I discovered that there are faster ways of doing this now.  Wait…….hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to show you.  Until next time………….love your life 'cause like with me, you never know where it will take you next!

4 comments:

Pat Converse said...

oh, yah! I knit socks every once in a while. Have a pair almost half done now. Had a knee replacement in March & the new knee wasn't tolerating the sewing chair so I've been knitting. Then I discovered a series of books so right now I'm reading the Bregdan Chronicles by Ginny Dye! Knit on...

Ellyn said...

so.... last week our foundation shifted & caused the tiles in our dining area, hallway & entry to buckle & pop up. Guess I'll be joining you in the renovation game, at least the flooring part. aack! Not what I had planned.

Createology said...

Everything always costs more than even the highest guesstimate we make in our minds. Knitting socks will never be something I want to do...too complicated for me. I am smiling at your uber cute envelopes. Creative Bliss Dear...

kiwikid said...

Great envelopes again! Good luck with the renovations..and the socks!!