Friday, May 29, 2015

Yippee…..I did it!

See this???  Yes, it's my first ever knitted sock!!  And, it fits, which is even more amazing!  Now I'm working on it's twin.  Not as much fun, I can assure you, but what are socks without a pair??  Incidentally, my 30 something daughter has already laid claim to these so I'm thinking already about the next pair.  For sure they will be brighter in color!!!


Naturally, I sent out books to my sweeties this week in the following envelopes.  They always get identical ones for the Mr. Putter series so don't think I'm cheating one over the other.  lol




No books read again this week……….oh my!!  Although I do have one that I think I will start as soon as I'm done knitting the twin to the sock above.  Give my poor hands a rest for a day or two.  I already had my husband read it and he assures me that I will love it so now I'm anxious!

I received my mini quilt from my partner in Germany yesterday.  If you recall the theme was "Kittys" and Jennifer nailed it!  Not only that darling quilt but she also sent me German milk chocolate kitties, bookmark kitties, and a fat quarter with kitties on it.  Quite a haul and a wonderful way to end my swapping career for 2015.  With the kitchen re-do in the works, I have no time for sewing right now.



So, my friends, that's it for this week.  I have hired a contractor to paint my kitchen cabinets, have sort of decided on what kind of tile I want as a backsplash, and have already ordered new cabinet knobs and pulls.  Soon, I hope, I will show you the before and after pictures.   I'm really excited!!  So, until next week….enjoy yourself and do something fun!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love your Kitties Mini Swap quilt with the Alphabet background! Good job on the Sock knitting. I NEED to try knitting some again.

Createology said...

Wow! Kudos to you for knitting that lovely sock. You must feel so proud for accomplishing it. Great Kittie swap quilt and goodies. Always fun envelopes. You will be so happy with your fresh new kitchen. I LOVE my downstairs we renovated. Creative Sock Bliss

Ellyn said...

love that sock but yes, it needs a buddy. your kitty quilt is darling!

Unknown said...

Carol, congratulations on knitting your first sock. I have been knitting socks for about 10 years now, must have knitted 40-50 pairs.
Some I knitted for my extended family, but now I knit them to sell in our local craft centre shop. I have sold three pairs so far, this Autumn. Keep up the good work!!!

Maryanne

beachiesews said...

Check.Out.That.Sock!!! Good for you! I just frogged the little bit I had done....I am not ready for that just yet. I will give it a go again though! I am determined to make a pair of socks this summer!!! I think one needs to be in the right frame of mind and mood to make socks!!! I do love knitting!!!
Have a great week! Sue.

kiwikid said...

Well done on making the sock!!! Good luck with the other one. Good to hear the kitchen bits have been decided...love the envelopes...the tiler came here Friday and Saturday and the tiling in the kitchen, bathroom and ensuite is all finished. So there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

azuliverde.21 said...

Hi, Carol!
I wonder if you have some button I could add to my blog, since I love your work and besides it inspires me, I'd love to share it with my friends.
Thanks for sharing! Cheers!